PDA

View Full Version : So I want to try out some ethnic foods...

thajeepster
02-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Can anyone reccomend a good type of ethnic food? I was curious about all the thai restaurants around here and wanted to try one out? What the hell is healthy out there? Are there any other types of restaurants that are generally healthy?

dissipate
02-26-2005, 03:42 AM
thai food is generally healthy.. so is vietnamese. papaya or mango salads... beef/chicken noodle soups... ricepaper rolls....

scrutdada
02-26-2005, 09:32 AM
ive seen some thai food that looks exactly like chinese food. indian food is good, but i dont know how good for you. indian food looks absolutely disgusting when you see it, but when you eat it, it tastes great, only problem is you will reek of curry and it will seep out through your pores.

dissipate
02-26-2005, 09:41 AM
only problem is you will reek of curry and it will seep out through your pores.
wha!? lol. i've never had a body odour problem after having curry. yum. though curries usually contain coconut milk - something to be careful of.

Cynical_Simian
02-26-2005, 09:46 AM
It really just depends on what you get. Obviously, you're not going to have as much control over the nutrition of a restaurant's food as you would over your own, but if you check out the menu descriptions and ask a few questions about ingredients/preparation, you should be able to find some decent stuff at a Thai place. I'd recommend staying away from Chinese and Indian restaurants, though. The versions of Chinese/Indian dishes that are served in restaurants have been changed quite a bit from their healthier authentic counterparts.