PDA

View Full Version : Starting over...(my first photo post)

skinnytown
02-26-2005, 04:57 AM
After months of lurking, I've finally mustered up the courage to post a photo on here--everyone at Wannabebig is really inspiring, and one day I hope to be as big as all of you.

Anyway, I used to be pretty active and did crew and played soccer...but last summer I ended up in the hospital twice with a pulmonary embolism and some weird blood disorder, which knocked me out of commission for a good few months. I lost some 30 lbs and ended up weighing about 140 lbs (I'm 6'2", so I looked pretty damn scary).

Since then, I've been trying to get my weight back up by lifting every day and trying to eat right--now I'm up to 195 lbs. I'd like to gain more quality weight, but for now, I'm happy that I'm slowly getting my strength back. I can only do about 180 lbs for regular sets on the bench press!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/mr-mammon/skinny.jpg

accuFLEX
02-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Looking good man! keep up the hard work
Whats your bf%?

ps: I have the same mp3 player. Really good for the gym

skinnytown
02-26-2005, 06:21 AM
It was about 11% when I last had it measured...this was about two months ago though. I'm sure it's much higher now since I haven't been very good about watching my body fat. The rippling abs I had when I first got out of the hospital (the one good thing about the whole crappy ordeal) have now disappeared under chub. Heh.

UnoDenero
02-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Well, you seem to be on the right track. I think its cool that you can overcome that disease and get big again. Youre an inspiration.