PDA

View Full Version : Post Surgery Diet

JustinASU
02-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey guys. I undergoing surgery this wednesday and I'm trying ot figure out a good diet that I can use so I don't lose a lot of weight in the weeks that I cannot lift or eat solid foods.

I can't eat solid foods for at least 1 wk afterwards. I'm thinking a weightgainer will be my best frienbd during this time period. I like N-Large so I'm definitely going that direction.

Can anyone recommend a liquid source of healthy fats? Olive oil comes to mind. Any other ideas?

Other than that cottage cheese/milk/yogurt will be mainstays. All this dairy is gonna make me feel like ****.

Oh and lastly, I'm looking for a good fiber source so all the protein can move efficiently through my body.

hmm...I wonder if I'll be able to take a multi...

Manveet
02-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Well, what you've got there is actually pretty good.

In terms of fiber, you will probably have to supplement with it for that 1 week.

Other than that, it's just gonna be about getting in the right number of cals from those sources.

APE.
02-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Dairy an regualr over the counter fiber supps can really bloat you; leaving you w/ a horrible feeling.Esp if your surgery will be on in the abdominal/chest area; I know from 1st hand experiance.

UniFiber by Niche Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a fiber that is ultra fine. It was made to prevent bloating/gas prevent inteferance w/ absorption of any medication.It doesn't gel or clump & can be mixed in w/ soft foods an liquids w/o effecting the taste.

Hope this helps any.

Shao-LiN
02-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Food: Weight gainer, protein powders, home-made MRPs, etc.

Liquid fats: Olive oil, Flax oil, Peanut butter (sort of solid, hehe), Udo's Choice, etc.

Fiber: Metamucil or whatever other fiber supplements are out there.

Holto
02-27-2005, 12:19 PM
udo's is a great single solution for fat

JustinASU
02-27-2005, 12:38 PM
I'll look into Udo's and unifiber..thanks

JustinASU
02-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Any reputable website's I can buy Udo's from? Otherwise I'll just have to froogle it and cross my fingers. I've found this (http://www.nutritiondiscounters.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4264)

Manveet
02-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Any reputable website's I can buy Udo's from? Otherwise I'll just have to froogle it and cross my fingers. I've found this (http://www.nutritiondiscounters.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4264)

Just go to a health food store.

You want to keep Udo's refridgerated.