PDA

View Full Version : squats lagging b/c of hamstrings or back?

armageddon69
02-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I have a very good deadlift compared to my squat. MY quads and glutes are stong enough to sqaut alot more than i am now. When i go heavy, it is hard to keep my back up. MY back stays flat and tight, but it gives forward in the lower back. Is this hamstrings or back or what. It makes me mad, b/c i know my legs can take alot more weight.

Beebs
02-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I would say your Squat : Deadlift ratio is just about right actually.

armageddon69
02-26-2005, 05:58 PM
That is my friends stats. He just let me use his username to post a quick question.

Nito
02-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I have a very good deadlift compared to my squat. MY quads and glutes are stong enough to sqaut alot more than i am now. When i go heavy, it is hard to keep my back up. MY back stays flat and tight, but it gives forward in the lower back. Is this hamstrings or back or what. It makes me mad, b/c i know my legs can take alot more weight.

Same thing happens to me, it can be a flexibility in the hamstring issue.

TheMachine
02-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Weak abs. Absolutely, definitely, positively. Your lower back is definitely not the culprit, if hammies were the problem you'd be getting stapled at the bottom of the lift. Leaning forward is almost always caused by weak abs. IMHO that is...

CrazyK
02-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Hip ROM, core strength, and calve flexibility. Investigate all those.

armageddon69
02-27-2005, 04:08 PM
back is definitely not the culprit, if hammies were the problem you'd be getting stapled at the bottom of the lift.

Yea, my back only wants to go forward towrds the bottom of the lift. I do great with box sqauts where you dont go down as far. I am doing like 400 for sets of 10-15