PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation?

Hopetobefit
02-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I am, as my signature says, a 5'10" 230 pound 16 year old. I would like to say that I love working out and am seeing some good strength gains, but when it comes to losing weight the dieting has always been my weak point. I have a very bad surrounding when it comes to good food. My parents don't seem to care enough as I have asked if I could go to the grocery store and pick up some good healthy foods, but they still insist on putting little to no healthy foods and tons of non-healthy foods.

Anyways I don't really have a diet layed out, but want to get one so I can start to see weight loss. I know I should not expect to lose 7lbs or so per week, but would like to lose about 1-2lbs of fat with minimal muscle loss. I currently do cardio 3 times a week. 2 of the 3 are running HIIT, while the other is just a 1-2 mile jogg. I have read some in journals etc. about a diet known as psmf and was wondering if that could do the trick? If so does anyone have a website that will tell me the basics of the diet and what I need to eat etc.? Thanks for any help.

Before posting I used the search function for psmf and about all I found where online journals where they used the word psmf. If I missed something I will be glad to go check it again. I also did a goodle search and didn't find anything other than bodyrecomposition.com , but I don't know if that is the right thing and I believe you have to pay for the book. Do I actually have to pay for the guidelines to do diet?

TheGimp
02-26-2005, 08:07 PM
PSMF is quite advanced and I would not recommend it unless you have some dieting experience. You can read more about it at the forums over at http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Hopetobefit
02-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Would you suggest I just count my calories and protein on say fitday.com and do it that way? I figure my bodyweight 230 x 12 = 2760 calories per day, 230g of protein per day, How many carbs?, and fat??? Tomorrow I plan on heading to the grocery store and buying some foods from "What a Bodybuilder Eats" such as tuna, chicken breasts, eggs, some fruits, oatmeal, etc.. Is that a good start to losing some weight along with the cardio and weight lifting? Sorry for all of the questions but really want to get this diet on the right track from the start and start seeing some weight loss.

Also one more question? Can I put uncooked oats in my protein shake for breakfast? Would be whey protein powder (vanilla), milk, and uncooked oats.. I think I read this somewhere of someone doing it but can't seem to find it. Would that be a healthy breakfast or no?

ReelBigFish
02-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah man that sounds like a great place to start. Yeah u can throw raw oats into a shake, lots of people do it. Might wanna mix it in a blender so you don't have to chew your drink.

Hopetobefit
02-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Good deal. Then that shall be my next move. What kind of oats are out there that I need/should get in order to do that? Would it just be some instant oatmeal and now cook it or just buy oats from the store? Just to let you know I know nothing of oatmeal as I don't ever remember eating oats/oatmeal in my life. So I am going to probably get my frist taste laster today.

ReelBigFish
02-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Buy the ones in a cardboard tube that say "Old Fashioned Oats". If they say Quick or Instant they are no good.