PDA

View Full Version : What to eat for breakfast?

twcolabear
02-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Hey Guys, I'm sure you'll have some good suggestions.
I usually eat cereal with lowfat milk, but feel hungry pretty soon afterwards. but when I eat a toast(with pb) I feel grossly full.
I am looking for somethign I can eat and not be hungry for a few hrs.
thanks for suggestions

MrWebb78
02-26-2005, 10:26 PM
it would help to know if you are cutting, bulking, maintaining. as well as your size(weight) to know what exactly to suggest. what might make you full may be nothing to someone else.

off the top of my head i would suggest a bowl of oatmeal, a couple scrambled eggs, and a glass of milk.

twcolabear
02-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm trying to loose weight.

Miss Rezza
02-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm with MrWebb on the oatmeal suggestion.

Oatmeal has a low GI, which will give you a gradual release of energy and help you to feel full for longer. Some added protein to your breakfast will also help, so maybe a protein shake too.

CrazyK
02-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Personally, a cup of oats and a can of tuna. Can't beat it.

Vitalize
02-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Egg whites, oats, banana and yoghurt and a protien shake... amongst other things...
You still gotta eat, if starve yourself too much, your body will only hold onto fat even more.
Dont be afraid to eat, but keep it clean.

J450n
02-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Scrambled or poached eggs usually does it for me.. so to speak..

Flexx
02-27-2005, 07:02 AM
depends wheather I'm cutting or bulking currently I'm bulking so for breakfast EVERY morning I eat:
5 blueberry pancakes
6 eggs
3 pieces of bacon
2 pieces of toast
and wash it back with a protien shake(eat big to get big)
that usually holds me off for 2 hrs

ReelBigFish
02-27-2005, 10:05 AM
depends wheather I'm cutting or bulking currently I'm bulking so for breakfast EVERY morning I eat:
5 blueberry pancakes
6 eggs
3 pieces of bacon
2 pieces of toast
and wash it back with a protien shake(eat big to get big)
that usually holds me off for 2 hrs
:eek: I can feel my arteries clogging just from reading that. LOL now thats a breakfast.

chops
02-27-2005, 10:10 AM
i find oatmeal very filling. when i'm feeling really hungry in the morning, i'll have oatmeal instead of cereal and just add in cottage cheese or eggwhites for some protein.

Nito
02-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Ronnie Coleman's Breakfast:

Grits Oatmeal (3 packages)

A large ammount of egg whites maybe like 2 cups?

A Protein Shake (some days)

A peice of processed cheese

Ronnie mixs the grits, the egg whites, and the processed cheese everytime..and he really seems to enjoy it :p

BFG123
02-27-2005, 11:28 AM
You want to lose weight do like me the no carb breakfast. Eggs/sausage/cheese scramble them all together keeps me from feeling hungry till late morning. Works well for me..........

Geeper
02-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey Guys, I'm sure you'll have some good suggestions.
I usually eat cereal with lowfat milk, but feel hungry pretty soon afterwards. but when I eat a toast(with pb) I feel grossly full.
I am looking for somethign I can eat and not be hungry for a few hrs.
thanks for suggestions

What type of cereal? If it's loaded with sugar that's probably why you become hungry again.

Like everyone else oatmeal is great, but try to get some protein in there too, your body has been deprived of protein intake all night, get some in there ASAP! I like oatmeal, milk and a protein shake

Will.S
02-27-2005, 01:36 PM
4 Weetabix, with no sugar, milk and a Can O' tuna. Does it for me everytime.

emjlr3
02-27-2005, 05:32 PM
i find oatmeal very filling. when i'm feeling really hungry in the morning, i'll have oatmeal instead of cereal and just add in cottage cheese or eggwhites for some protein.

haha, 2 cups of rolled oats dry doesnt even affect me anymore...heh i guess thats what a 4000+ calorie diet will do to ya

personally on my current clean bulk i do 1.5 cups rolled oats dry, 3 cups skim milk, 10+ eggwhites mixed with a sliced piece of ham, 2 slices wheat toast very lightly skimmed with butter

this comes out to about 1051 calories 14g fat 145g carbs 84g protein

when i start cutting my calories a bit for my cut ima go with 2 cups skim milk, 1 cup rolled oats dry, 10+egg whites w/ no ham, 1 slice of wheat toast very lighty skimmed with butter

this comes out to about 731 calories 9g fat 94g carbs 67g protein

remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day, go all out with it

Ares
02-27-2005, 05:36 PM
For breakfast I usually have a big glass of OJ and a glass of milk and sometimes a slice of bread.

ReelBigFish
02-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Ronnie Coleman's Breakfast:

Grits Oatmeal (3 packages)

A large ammount of egg whites maybe like 2 cups?

A Protein Shake (some days)

A peice of processed cheese

Ronnie mixs the grits, the egg whites, and the processed cheese everytime..and he really seems to enjoy it :p
I've been eating my grits and eggs mixed together for years. It's awesome! not a big fan of cheese in my grits tho.

ryuage
02-27-2005, 05:53 PM
how about some buttermilk biscuits, bacon, sausage, and eggs smothered with grits and beef gravy.... yummm

ReelBigFish
02-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh don't get me started. I'm a southern boy, i def. know about all that. Except it would have to be Buttermilk gravy.

Guido
02-27-2005, 10:21 PM
I have a cup or two of grape nuts with 1% milk, a yogurt, and some juice normally. Grape nuts are heavy and will make you feel full for a while.

icanrace
03-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I prefer Raison Bran, Oats, bannana's, protein shakes etc.