PDA

View Full Version : So im thinking thai tonight...

thajeepster
02-27-2005, 10:48 AM
funny thing is ive been to thailand and havent ever had thai food. Anyways can you guys recommend anything healthy? heres there menu.
http://www.kailuavacationrentals.net/menus/champathai.pdf

maybe ill just chalk it up to a cheat, but i never cheat. So that leads into my next question. Do you guys eat normally all day long before your cheat meal? or do you eat less so the cheat still kindof fits into your macros for the day?

Id prefer not to cheat though, but if thats what i gotta do, its what i gotta do. :)

ryuage
02-27-2005, 10:58 AM
start of with some beef satays then the stuffed angel wings or (chicken wings) followed by some tom yum soup..... then get you some pad thai and paddseew noodles... oh with chicken/beef/or shrimp for some more protein :) then finish off with some dessert.

Shao-LiN
02-27-2005, 11:34 AM
mmmm...time for some thai.

thajeepster
02-27-2005, 01:01 PM
start of with some beef satays then the stuffed angel wings or (chicken wings) followed by some tom yum soup..... then get you some pad thai and paddseew noodles... oh with chicken/beef/or shrimp for some more protein :) then finish off with some dessert.

Sounds good, :) Im guessing that would be a cheat?

ryuage
02-27-2005, 01:05 PM
whatever makes you feel good about eating it....

thajeepster
02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
lol, so you recommend the satays? I love spicy food, what about curry, what types of currys are good?

ryuage
02-27-2005, 01:53 PM
for some spicy you could try the panang.

Vido
02-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Do you guys eat normally all day long before your cheat meal? or do you eat less so the cheat still kindof fits into your macros for the day?

You could argue that there's 2 sides to the story: If you eat less beforehand the cheat will do less damage...BUT it could also lead to increased hunger, thus causing you to go overboard.

When I cheat I'll be going overboard for sure regardless, so it only makes sense for me to eat less earlier in the day :D.

ryuage
02-27-2005, 03:12 PM
i just eat a lot all day every day...

spencerjrus
02-27-2005, 04:10 PM
i just eat a lot all day every day...

:withstupi

shansen008
02-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Besides all the white rice, thai food is pretty good for you. I wouldnt worry about it all that much. I like all the currys, red...green...yellow....panang...masamun. The yellow is probably what gets ordered the most....us caucasian folks love it. Its mild, and is great with chicken. It does have white potatoes in it though.....but that makes it come out thicker than the other curries.

Thai dumpling soup is great too...its like wonton soup but with ground chicken and shrimp in the wontons. Stay away from the spring rolls though.

Damnit, now i gotta go get soem thai food.....*stomach rumbles*

thajeepster
02-27-2005, 11:31 PM
thanks for the recommendation ryuage, i went with the panang with chicken, it wasnt spicy though... Really good, had it with a big bowl of brown rice, and some chicken skewers with peanut sauce as an appetiser... wonder how much fat was in that coconut milk.... :) Not even gonna bother trying to add up totals today.

shansen008
02-27-2005, 11:38 PM
The fa from coconuts is actually very healthy, its a good saturated fat. Has antiviral properties similar to breastmilk.

thajeepster
02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
i did not know that.