PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of dry fish?

twcolabear
02-27-2005, 10:03 PM
I like to sank on those little dry fish, but I think it has too much sodium, what do you think? good or bad snack?

Vitalize
02-28-2005, 05:43 AM
not sure what you mean? The ones that come in a potato chip bag?...if so..yup loaded with sodium...maybe ok for a snack sometimes, but dont take it further than that.

Vitalize
03-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey twcolabear...I guess no one else cares ;)
I did some more checking for you and personally speaking, I would keep it at a low....maybe have them on a cheat day, but make sure you subsitute them for a handfull of nuts and raisens in the week.

twcolabear
03-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Thank you for looking it up :) and yeah I meant the kind of dry fish you can buy at japanese/chinese stores in potato chips bags.

TylerDurden
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I had a lecture from Dr. Pinns, leading nutritionist at the mayo clinic and MN school of med. He said that new research shows that fish is exceptionally good for you. HE said that eating fish at least twice a week can reduce your risk for CHD. It seems that even eating fried fish, salted fish, fish with mercury is better than eating a steak. The benifits from fish out weigh the harmful substance that you may ingest with the fish. So, I'm not saying eat tainted fish, I'm just saying if you have a choice between potato chips and fish chips- go with the fish.

I belive the research is published in the healthy people 2010 book produced by public health officals.