PDA

View Full Version : Looking to bulk - All help appreciated

implinet
02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm 6ft and around 145lbs, so as you already know, i'm rather slim.

However, I am cut for my size.

I am looking to bulk up a little, in order to gain bigger muscles, and to fill out a little, however, I am not aiming to get fat.

As I am new to this, would it be possible for some of you to help me out with what and what not to eat. When to eat, and how much of certain items to eat.

Also, what weight should I be looking at acheiving for 17y/o, 6ft male. And could anybody estimate me a time frame to gain this?

Kind Regards

EJFan
02-28-2005, 01:46 PM
i'm pretty new at this and you'll prolly get some very sound advice from others... adding mass w/o adding fat is a big concern for me too.

everything i've read/learned says a gram of protein and a gram of carbs per pound of bodyweight.

as far as time goes, you'll add about a pound or two per week once you figure out the diet that works for you. unfortunately, that'll take a little learning and a little experimentation. each week, i'm adding about 250 cals/day to my diet until i reach that pound-a-week gain.

personally, i eat 5 to 6 meals a day... chicken breast, whey protein, tuna, brown rice, whole grain bread, skim milk, almonds, black beans, fibrous veggies, oatmeal, etc.

implinet
02-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Ok, thanks for the reply.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could write me up a typical diet for a week or something, and tell me how much of certain foods to eat.

Also, I do not really understand the protein and carb stuff, how much of each should I be eating, and what has a high amount of these within them.

Also, would there be any use of me taking suppliments?

More help would be appreciated.

SpecialK
02-28-2005, 02:21 PM
First, read the sticky entitled "What a bodybuilder eats" to get an idea of what foods to eat.

Second, others may give you different opinions but I don't think you could go very wrong by starting with 25x your bodyweight in cals - 30% of that coming from protein, 50% carbs, and 20% healthy fats. You may have to work up to that volume of food though. It can be tough to eat that much if you aren't used to it.

implinet
02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey SpecialK,

Thanks for the reply.

So basically, I should be aiming for a total of 3625calories per day?

725grams of fats
1087.5grams of protein
1812.5grams of carbs

Is this correct?

If true, what kinda foods would help me to gain the most of everything?

Regards

ReelBigFish
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
LOL no that would be 725 cals from fat, 1087.5 cals from prot. and 1812.5 cals from carbs. So divide 725 by 9 and the other two by 4 to get the gms.

implinet
02-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok, Thanks for that - I noted those down.

So therefore,

80g of fat
270g of protein
450g of carbs

If this is correct, what can I eat in order to gain this type of intake?

Regards

SpecialK
02-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Just look at the nutrition labels of foods and go from there. Or use www.fitday.com to get a quick estimate.

implinet
02-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks again SpecialK,

Are the figures in my post above ok to start a bulk?

Also, is there a demo, or maybe something like fitday that is free?

Regards