PDA

View Full Version : Your cutting and someone gives you bad (high sugar, etc) food. What do you do?

Stupendous
02-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Some of you may know that it is girl scout cookie season. Well, last week my mom said look for a package in the mail and I'm like crap, no. What do I get today? Two boxes of thin-mints (lots of bad fat, bad carbs, and sugar :()

This would not be a problem if I was bulking but I am on my first cut (2 wks in so far). The more strict I am with my diet the sooner my goals will be reached. Thus, the only time I ingest sugar is PWO in the form of dextrose. Throughout the rest of the day its low GI carbs to keep my insulin levels down.

I had the same problem on Valentines: got lots of candy which I do not want.

Now, I do appreciate the gester but smaller portions of evil food I guess would be better.

So how do you respond?

(I am sure some of you who are bulking and don't care about fat will say send me those cookies!)

implinet
02-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey Stupendous,

I am very new around here, So learning alot, And therefore cannot offer alot of help.

However, why not use them as treats to yourself? Maybe everytime you reach a small cutting goal, treat yourself to a cookie or something?

Just an idea.

Regards and Good Luck!

snowster900
02-28-2005, 04:14 PM
implinet has got a good idea othert than that i see only two other choices
1. GIVE ME FOOD NOW!! lol j\k
2. You can take it to be kind and just dont eat it that is what i did when i got choclate bars and everything im like o thanks ill save there for later and than just dont eat it.

reg56
02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Sell them :)

Saint Patrick
02-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Save them for a cheat day. If they're low in fat, you can also use them for refeeds.

accuFLEX
02-28-2005, 04:23 PM
throw them out....now!
then you cant eat them

AKraut
02-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I just ask my mom/relatives not to buy me junk food. They try and try I just insist it will go to waste. You can always regift them or just give them away....

Geeper
02-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Give them to someone else right away or throw them out. (and when you throw them out put salt on them, that way there is NO WAY you will eat them)

Just make it clear to your family what you are doing. It took a long time for my family to really "get it". The turning point was halloween. You know how you buy 100's of snacks and pig out the the extras after the kids are gone. (Well, I used to) Day after halloween I showed up at mom and dad's with 240 extra peanut butter cups (there weren't many kids this year) asked if they wanted them, "Oh, no....save them for your cheat days.....just have a snack once in a while..." I said OK you don't want them they're going in the garbage.

They took them, and eventually ate them, but it finally sunk in with them how serious I was, I wasn't going to have chocolates around my house.

waynis
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Just don't eat it.... :scratch:

ReelBigFish
02-28-2005, 09:09 PM
put em in the freezer until you bulk again. Thin mints are best cold like that :p

Shao-LiN
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Mail them to me and I'll eat them for you.

Stupendous
02-28-2005, 10:28 PM
put em in the freezer until you bulk again. Thin mints are best cold like that :p

Eh, that is what I decided to do with one of the boxes. I gave the other to my roommates to fight over.

Now I gotta tell my mom to stop sending me that type of stuff.

fen2zla
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM

LOL, exactly. If you don't want them, then just give them away. What exactly was the question anyway?

spencerjrus
02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
I'l eat them for you.

Vido
02-28-2005, 11:35 PM

:withstupi

Southern Beast
03-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Donate them to poor people.

dissipate
03-01-2005, 05:46 AM
i usually give the bad stuff away or throw it away. usually when no one wants to eat it and i throw it away, my family gets the idea and stops trying to get me to eat whatever it is............ for some time at least.