PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my Cardio!

Celestial
11-25-2001, 05:06 PM
:help: Ok I am getting to bored. I would like to do 30 mins in the morn and 45-60 later on at night...but gosh lately I cant get past 20 and today :cry: I only did 10:cry: Anyone have any ideas on how to make it more fun? I am getting bored as hell. I watch tv a1t the gym while I am doing it but its still boring!!!! Any ideas guys....I really need to keep my cardio up! Thanks in advance!

IGF-1
11-25-2001, 05:10 PM
music ! music is great to keep you pumped and going :)

Tryska
11-25-2001, 05:27 PM
moved this thread to training.

well maybe you are losing your steam because you are doin gan awful lot of cardio....how about changing up your routine a little bit? maybe incorporating some interval training or picking a different kind of cardio?

mesmall
11-25-2001, 05:40 PM
No one said it was going to be easy. Most people go through the same thing when training or trying to loss weight, but you have to have a goal to motivate. You have had great results so far so keep pushing. Try walking outside and walk away from your home untill you are bored then you have no choice but to walk home. It is just too easy to get off the treadmill. :)

Celestial
11-25-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by mesmall
It is just too easy to get off the treadmill. :) Exactly! i was thinking about rollerblading some more but the only thing is..I will get hit by a car around here:rolleyes: People are darn maniacs! I may ride my car to the trail then blade back and forth a bit in the morn and then drive home...hey its an idea:)

big calvin
11-25-2001, 07:04 PM
i agree with igf-1. music! put some creed on my sacrafice..and your gone.

YatesNightBlade
11-26-2001, 03:11 AM
Music.

I like going for a walk in the morning sometimes tho ..... it clears my head.

Joe Black
11-26-2001, 03:55 AM
cardio is boring.. its a fact lol..

I get so frustrated after 10 mins..

Maybe try to beat your session last time? more time, more intense etc?

Also i found alternating intensity was good for relieving boredom. I.e different speeds on the treadmill, diff inclines..

I still got bored after 20 though..

What about a exercise class? Boxercise, or a high intensity aerobic class? They normally last longer?

El Kelio
11-26-2001, 11:32 AM
Why don't you try Spinning ? Great cardio with music and often a lot of girls there.

Keep pumping ! ;)

Celestial
11-26-2001, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by El Kelio
Why don't you try Spinning ? Great cardio with music and often a lot of girls there.

Keep pumping ! ;) We'll I don't swing that way;) hehe but i shoudl try it out :)

YatesNightBlade
11-27-2001, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Celestial
We'll I don't swing that way;) hehe but i shoudl try it out :)

MUST RESIST COMMENT ........ MUST RESIST ..........

IceRgrrl
11-27-2001, 07:19 AM
Another vote for Spinning....good varied interval workout with strength and speed segments and it goes by FAST! If you get bored doing regular cardio, I'll bet you'd enjoy this class. Bring a towel and a water bottle b/c you'll need both!

El Kelio
11-27-2001, 11:10 AM
You are right IceRgrrl !

Keep pumping ! ;)

Paul Stagg
11-27-2001, 11:41 AM
Ask Tryska about her hardcore cardio. :)

Just find something you like to do that doesn't bore you to tears (or put up with being bored)

I like interval training, and I like progressive stuff.

You could try some odd object work (sandbag carries, farmers walks, etc) that will get you huffing and puffing and can be fun... and make the neighbors think you are quite unusual.

Tryska
11-27-2001, 11:43 AM
have you looked at my journal lately mr stagg? i'm hardcore. ;)

Jane
11-28-2001, 03:49 PM
i read somewhere that cardio is actually not a very important factor in losing bodyfat. sure it speeds up the process but in the end, the same results could be achievied with diet and lifting. ? This seems too good to be true, and i know its been discussed before, but does anyone have any further opinions?

Celestial
11-28-2001, 03:50 PM
Hehe well I want to speed the process up :) So thats good! I been doing the netzero elip machines with the internet on them..keeps me occupied...I might do 30 mins biking today and 30 mins on the netzero machine today:)

Alex.V
11-28-2001, 03:51 PM
Better results could be achieved with diet and lifting. And yes, I have many many opinions on this.

PowerManDL
11-28-2001, 07:56 PM
The main reason aerobics work so well is that the aerobic pathway of bioenergetics is the only healthy source of fat metabolism in the body (technically ketosis, but that's really anaerobic and it doesn't fall under "healthy").

Lifting aids this process because adding muscle = more oxidative metabolism to support.

Diet helps this because less calories = less food for the body to use & less to store as fat.

Aerobics directly burn fat during the session as well as stimulating aerobic adaptations to the body which can increase fat metabolism.

For the record, my opinion on aerobics has changed. I feel that *some* level of aerobic/anaerobic-threshold capabilty is necessary for all athletes, to improve overall work capacity.