PDA

View Full Version : Is this good diet for wieght lifting

YungLifter
03-02-2005, 06:49 PM
ive been weight lifting for little over a month now and just wondering if my diet is any good

Breakfast
Normally dont have much time so i eat a bowl of cereal(Cherrios) with some non fat milk(the milk i use has 3 carbs/12 protien per serving)

Mid morning snack if i can get the chance to have one is usually peice of fruit(banna/apple/peach/strawberry depending on what i have)

Lunch
Turkey or Tuna or Chicken Breast Sandwich/ Drink either water or iced tea

2hours after lunch i weight lift for hour to hour 1/2
About 20 mins after workout i eat 2Lean Chicken Breasts,6oz can off Tuna(the one comes in water) about 2 slices of whole wheat bread, Water or iced tea for drink.

Dinner
Varys from one of these chicken/tuna/turkey with either one of these rice/wheat bread/Potatos

and thats my day of meals is this good or bad for trying to build muscle
Thx for taking time to read

darius19
03-02-2005, 06:53 PM
To be honest I havent really looked at it that closely, but right off I can see your breakfast is terrible. You need a bigger breakfast, and more protein. Also, CHeerios isnt the worst cereal but nowhere near the best either. Try Total: Protein from kellogs, its good and has very little sugar. I would also highly recommend some eggs or oatmeal. Check out my oatmeal recipe in the recipes section, its great.

YungLifter
03-02-2005, 07:03 PM
thx alot the Total your talking about is that one that comes in like a blue box b/c ive heard of people talking about Total protien cereal but had no idea it was that one thx alot and is plain quaker oatmeal good?

emjlr3
03-02-2005, 07:39 PM
depends if u r cutting or bulking, what ur goals r, how tall r u? what is ur bf? lots of variables, tell us everything

Optimum08
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
if on a bulk looks like u need more cals and protein...but like emijlr said above we need to know more to help you out...

jbarba
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
from lunch on looks a hell of a lot better than your morning meals. You really got to have a better breakfast though. If you are pressed for time try preparing something the night before.

spencerjrus
03-03-2005, 01:11 AM
totally rework your breakfast and lunch, you arent really getting anything of value from those 2 meals.

HahnB
03-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Through some whey in there and make a high calorie shake to go with it. Peanut butter, olive oil, flax oil and oats are all good ingredients.

YungLifter
03-03-2005, 04:14 AM
im about 140-150 6ft im trying to build some muscle mass so then i can do cutting

YungLifter
03-03-2005, 04:51 AM
were can i find that Total :Protien cereal from kellogs in any pathmark i knw of Total from general mills but doesnt have much protien

darius19
03-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Sorry The Total from Kellogs might be wrong (It is General Mills I think), I got them confused. It should be in any supermarket, its a red box. It should be in the vicinity of the Total in the blue box youre talking about. Its the same company, and the same brand, only Total Protein has 14g of protein per 3/4 cup, and has lots of vitamins too.

YungLifter
03-03-2005, 01:55 PM
o ok wow thx alot im looking forward to going to get that=)

bigedge
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
like hahnb said throw in a high caloric shake, have it before bed

YungLifter
03-03-2005, 03:35 PM
ok thx im goin to gnc this weekend and im goin to purchase my frist PROTEIN SUPP! exited to c how it works and suggestion on what to look for im tryin to build muscle mass then cut

emjlr3
03-03-2005, 05:57 PM
im about 140-150 6ft im trying to build some muscle mass so then i can do cutting

building muscle mass takes years, u cant jsut expect to get big by eating big after a few months and then get ripped, u wont be cutting on to anything

IRN-BRU
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Without getting too complicated, just eat 20-30g of protein in every meal. Eat 5-6 meals per day. Count your daily calorie intake and keep it consistant and monitor your weight so it consistantly goes up 1-1.5lb per week, adjusting calories based on weight gain and activity level to achieve this.

Use foods from the sticky thread "what a body builder eats", or just check food labels. In general only eat "healthly" foods, and always swap a decent snack like a chicken sandwich each time you feel like eating some junk/sweets/cake.

Good luck.

ReelBigFish
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
oh and stay away from GNC, esp. for something like Whey. you can get it way cheaper online. www.dpsnutriton.com , www.1fast400.com GNC is a rip off