PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Cut Progress, please give input

Not Not Brian
03-03-2005, 12:03 AM
So, last week I realized when I took my bf% that I was too fat, approx. 24.9% @ 190. It's been exactly 7 days and I've done a total 180 on my diet. The only carbs I eat are oats in the morning, a potato after workout and whole wheat pita/bread every now and then.

Other food items include: eggs whites, low fat mozzarella, non-fat milk, non-fat cottage chese, peanuts, natty peanut butter, skinless chicken breasts, albacore tuna, olive oil, and......that's all off the top of my head.

My calorie intake has been 2000/day. The only time I cheated was last sunday when I had an in-and-out burger mmmmmm.

I'm on WBB #1 routine and have been on it since Jan. Here are the results so far:

Recap: Before

190 lbs @ 24.9% bf
Waist @ 37"

Now:

185 lbs @ 22.3% bf
Waist @ 35"

I calculated this out and I've lost 6.06 lbs of fat in one week! Holy cow! But given the difference of 5 lbs of scale weight this must mean that I've gained 1.06 lbs of muscle in the process! I realize that there is some error in the body fat caliper, but I've kept the method of measurement constant. Also to note, I've continued to make gains in all WBB exercises.

Any comments or critisisms on my calculations?

Not Not Brian
03-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Btw, I haven't taken any supplements yet and just ordered 5lb of optimum 100% whey protein yesterday. Since I started my cut I've found it difficult to get enough protein intake daily. So it should also be interesting to see how the protein supplement works.

Boo5000
03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Not to burst your bubble, but its probably a lot of water. Cutting carbs releases water weight. This would also explain the BF changes, as losing water weight can affect caliper measurements. However, you probably did lose some fat (remember it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound) - and you will definitely keep cutting off the fat eating healthy like that. Good on you - keep up the good work.

Not Not Brian
03-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Ok, that probably makes more sense. But I'm still drinking a gallon of water a day. So when you're on a low carb diet water isn't stored as much?

Vido
03-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Ok, that probably makes more sense. But I'm still drinking a gallon of water a day. So when you're on a low carb diet water isn't stored as much?

Carbs are stored as glycogen in the body. 1g glycogen holds 3 g water. No carbs = no glyocogen = no water

Not Not Brian
03-04-2005, 12:13 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
So I think i've been taking the wrong measurements with the caliper. It came with instructions to measure your suprailiac skinfold. After reading an article about the best point for men to take a skinfold is your abdominal area. I found this website http://www.linear-software.com/online.html and they have a 3 measurement calculator. Abdominal, chest, and thigh. New bf 18.42%. I also did the tape measurment calculator next to it, measuring my abdominal, neck, and height. 18.05% So am I right to assume I'm in the 18-19% range? The three skinfold calculator seems like it's more accurate then the suprailiac one.

YungLifter
03-05-2005, 07:59 AM
hey i was 15 and i weighted 190+lbs(all i aite was junk food for breakfast, lunch and dinner) and i changed my whole life around started eatin very healthy(Skinless chicken breast/Tuna in water/Turkey breast/Whole wheat bread instead of white/Healthy breakfast lik total protien cereal etc and skim milk/ and for snacks instead of eatin junk food i would eat a peice of fruit w/ 1hr of cardio workout 5days a week i lost 50 lbs in 4months and few weeks ago i started weight lifting and gaining muscle it was hard but i do enjoy the complements from friends and family

Now i jus turned 17 weight about 145-150 6' and look and feel much better then i did before so it well worth it