PDA

View Full Version : Diet help

Beavereater
03-03-2005, 05:48 AM
I've checked the calculators...and I'm not sure I can believe them. So I post here for your advice...

140kgs at 180cm tall, 37%BF (Big boy)

Anyway, in the summer I brought my cals from whatever I was eating (Not sure, but it was not clean) to 2500-2800 and started to get into a routine in the gym. Now I've got my routine down (I think) and I eat clean, but I didn't realize that maybe I should have started my diet at a few 100 cals higher.

The cals, on a cut (On the calculator I found) says I should be eating 3634cals...which means I would be bringing it up beyond what I was eating...not sure if this is right or not. When I did drop my cals I was loosing weight and gaining muscle...I'm lost...what to do...help...

EDIT- Since the summer, I wanted to gain muscle, I have...and now it's time to loose fat, so I am on a cut. I brought it down to 2000cals per day...I'm hungry :mad:

CarlP
03-03-2005, 06:40 AM
If the diet you were using was working, forget about the calculators.

Beavereater
03-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Damn...I was hoping someone would say "Eat more..." I'm hungry...

CarlP
03-03-2005, 11:43 AM
That's why I love the bulking stage. I don't have to stay as strict. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not hungry, I eat. :burger:

JSully
03-03-2005, 05:44 PM
How hungry are you?

Bent over stomache hurts, nauseated, dizzy hungry?

or just your average I'm a bit hungry?

I'd say eat about 6-8 times per day and try to fit in equal amounts of protein and carbs in there with moderate amounts of fat. If you were losing weight and gaining muscle at 2500-2800 cals why did you change it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Beavereater
03-03-2005, 07:00 PM
How hungry are you?

Bent over stomache hurts, nauseated, dizzy hungry?

or just your average I'm a bit hungry?

I'd say eat about 6-8 times per day and try to fit in equal amounts of protein and carbs in there with moderate amounts of fat. If you were losing weight and gaining muscle at 2500-2800 cals why did you change it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I gainned my goal of 80kgs of muscle mass...but stopped loosing weight, so I figured I would cut. The hunger is just...hunger. I ate a banana and soon after went to bed. I'm up now, 10 hours later, and ready to eat breakfast, but gonna do what you say and make the meals a couples hours apart!!