PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Going to Start Cutting

BilltheButcher
03-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey, I have just got back into lifting after about 6 years of sitting in front of a computer, eating like crap. I have been reading on the board and the member pics are great. Even though all of these guys that have the ripped look I want piss me off. :) My goal is to shred up and this is my starting point, so hopefully with your critiques and support I can hit my goals. Thanks.

Height: 6ft
Weight: 225 lbs
BF%: high, haven't gotten tested

Gabrielle
03-04-2005, 11:49 AM
you look like you got some mass...good luck on getting ripped

muscle chic
03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Good luck on the cut!!

IZich
03-15-2005, 03:48 PM
lol yeah gl.. right now you are one scary muthaF***er :P

OldDog
03-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Butcher although you are taller than me you have a similar build. You have a good base and with the right training you can and will improve (Don't ask me what the right training is, i'm still searching myself). The key is to not lose the weight to quickly and train hard. there will be days when you look in the mirror and swear you haven't made any progress but don't let that stop you. Take pictures at regular intervals and compare them. Don't just look at the overall picture, look at specific bodyparts and you will see changes. Good luck and hope it goes well.

rookiebldr
03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Clearly you didn't loose your mass in that 6 years. Your traps and shoulders are great! Good luck with the cut.

Guido
03-23-2005, 10:23 AM
You're going to be a monster. Keep lifting and eat clean and you will be one of those cut guys pretty soon yourself.

BilltheButcher
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the support, they calipered me at 18% bf, I thought I was more, but whatever. I am going to caliper at the end of April, hope to have dropped a few percentages.

bill
03-24-2005, 08:54 AM
looks like you put in some time in the gym, it shouldn't take long to catch upl.

KiwiBuilder
03-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Bill, just checking out your photos, my wife says "is that you?"

"No"

"Are you sure that's not you?"

"Fairly sure..."

"Are you really sure that's not you?"

"Yep"

"Oh, look it can't be you, he's got a wedding band."

Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that we look so much alike I'm not sure, but if you ever need a body double... :)

BilltheButcher
03-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey Bill, just checking out your photos, my wife says "is that you?"

"No"

"Are you sure that's not you?"

"Fairly sure..."

"Are you really sure that's not you?"

"Yep"

"Oh, look it can't be you, he's got a wedding band."

Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that we look so much alike I'm not sure, but if you ever need a body double... :)

Hey I got more hair then you. :) I calipered today for fun and they got me at 17%, so lost 1% bf and am actually 227lbs. Well if you are going to same way I am, like I think you are, we will be two handsome, shredded guys. BTW are you a new dad? Like the pic with your child.

KiwiBuilder
03-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey I got more hair then you. :) I calipered today for fun and they got me at 17%, so lost 1% bf and am actually 227lbs. Well if you are going to same way I am, like I think you are, we will be two handsome, shredded guys. BTW are you a new dad? Like the pic with your child.

I've stopped the cut for now in favour of some bulking, so you'll have to carry the mantle of the "handsome and shredded" yourself, for the time being ;)
I am a new dad, Josh is now 8 months old, plus of course my girl Jessica posing in those pix who is now 3.

lector606
03-25-2005, 01:32 AM
You can definately see you have some size, good luck with your cutting and keep us updated. Even though you are carrying some extra bodyfat I can see some definition, even in your abs, which means when you lose some BF you are going to look wicked. Keep us updated.