PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal

accuFLEX
03-05-2005, 01:34 PM
I just started eating oatmeal on monday. I eat about a cup or two each day. Since ive started, i feel bloated and full all the time. Like the oatmeal just sits in my gut and never digests.

Its an odd feeling, like a cup of oatmeal has something like 150cals so I know you should eat more. But this fills me up more than a large supper

Should I stop eating this? Does it take a week to diegest or what?

Vido
03-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Eat it raw. It's not filling at all that way.

JSully
03-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Eat it raw. It's not filling at all that way.
Thats gross....

Put it in a protein shake, 2 scoops protein, 1-2 cups oatmeal, 2 tbsp pb, and some equal.

Tasty and not quite as filling.

oh, and you'll hafta actually use a blender.

Vido
03-05-2005, 02:33 PM
It's not gross at all. You can still mix all that stuff in with it and quite frankly I'd say it tastes WAY better than if you blend it up.

Regardless, raw oats mixed with a little water tastes just fine.

JSully
03-05-2005, 02:36 PM
It's not gross at all. You can still mix all that stuff in with it and quite frankly I'd say it tastes WAY better than if you blend it up.

Regardless, raw oats mixed with a little water tastes just fine.
....gross

:D

Vido: no more journal man? what's up with that?

Vido
03-05-2005, 02:44 PM
....gross

:D

:swear:

Vido: no more journal man? what's up with that?

The train kind of went off the tracks around Christmas time, so I didn't bother posting about going out to the bar every second night :p. I finally got myself back together around mid-January (after the first couple weeks back at school) and did about 4-5 PSMF cycles. I'd say the day after the last refeed I looked as good as I ever have (in terms of size + leanness), but since then my diet's been pretty questionable. No drinking, but a lot of "metabolism shocks" :D.

JSully
03-05-2005, 05:16 PM
:swear:

The train kind of went off the tracks around Christmas time, so I didn't bother posting about going out to the bar every second night :p. I finally got myself back together around mid-January (after the first couple weeks back at school) and did about 4-5 PSMF cycles. I'd say the day after the last refeed I looked as good as I ever have (in terms of size + leanness), but since then my diet's been pretty questionable. No drinking, but a lot of "metabolism shocks" :D.
you should post some pics brutha!

no regrets
03-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I have to agree. I eat it raw with a little skim milk and I think it tastes pretty good and it does not really fill me up.

intensity
03-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I just started eating it raw about 2-3 weeks ago. And I mean RAW raw. By the handful. Tastes like a mix between pumpkin seeds and nuts, which is pretty good.

[[[----]]]
03-06-2005, 02:54 PM
But when you put in a shake, it doesnt take you like 30 minutes to eat it as opposed to a bowl of oats

GMCtrk
03-06-2005, 03:00 PM
oatmeal is amazing stuff, some may argue with me, but I notice a difference in my workout on the days i eat oatmeal compared to when i don't.

I just eat 1 cup of instant oatmeal for breakfast with hot water

Vido
03-06-2005, 03:42 PM
]]']But when you put in a shake, it doesnt take you like 30 minutes to eat it as opposed to a bowl of oats

That's a BIG bowl of oats that takes 30 minutes to eat.

1 cup of oats cooked takes like 5 minutes to eat, and uncooked I'd say 2 minutes.