PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Ice Cream

YungLifter
03-05-2005, 07:34 PM
now i dnt eat it much maybe lik once every couple of weeks i jus had some and i havnt eatin it in lik a month just wonderin how bad it acually is for u

Zearoth
03-05-2005, 07:42 PM
now i dnt eat it much maybe lik once every couple of weeks i jus had some and i havnt eatin it in lik a month just wonderin how bad it acually is for u

Speak proper english.

No it's not bad if it's in moderation.

YungLifter
03-05-2005, 07:54 PM
sorry=\

Kc Banks
03-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Well Ice Cream has so much sugar in it, and sugar is bad for you!

Vitalize
03-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Well theres sort of 2 answers there, my grammatically challenged one.
1. Ice cream is damn tasty and nice in small doses on a cheat day= thats a nice round plus :)
2. Unfortunatly it's the devils food, and full of sugar, cream, flavorings and other godly tasting stuff that will rot your teeth, bring out spots, make you fat and ugly, stupid, impotent and kill you (Probably) = and that is a negative :(
Apart from that..... its fine :bash:

ozzyman
03-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Home made ice cream is good stuff to add into a bulking shake! just factor it into your daily calories and make sure it isnt a prime source of food for yah... i tend to throw in some ice cream once or twice a week to fill in calorie requirements and to keep me sane....

Rik-s
03-06-2005, 04:39 AM
:withstupi

It wont kill you or your progress, like he says in moderation almost anything is fine. Plus its a good calorie dense food for adding to shakes while bulking :D

/me looks in freezer....
/me Spots Ben an Jerrys Phish food :drooling:

darius19
03-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Home-made ice cream? How do you accomplish that?

muscle chic
03-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Ice Cream isn't good for you. It's high in Cholesterol and sugar!! If you have to have it you may want to go with frozen yogart but you still need to read the labels. Also some sugar free icecreams aren't bad and light icecreams. Ice cream in general is right up there with fast food as far as health goes.

wrestlemaniac
03-06-2005, 10:27 AM
the sugar you don't really have to worry about as much since it's high in fat which lowers the GI. The calories are the biggest problem with this one.

ozzyman
03-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Home-made ice cream? How do you accomplish that?

You've never made home made ice cream??? Some of the best stuff there is...

here is an electric ice cream maker...http://www.icecreamprofessional.com/lussino-page.html

Though we have had ours for quite some time and it is still hand crank style..... takes about an hour or so of turning so you'll need a few people to help yah out....

Shao-LiN
03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Speak proper english.

I don't know where this person is from exactly, but not everyone speaks "proper english" around the world.

Vido
03-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I don't know where this person is from exactly, but not everyone speaks "proper english" around the world.

In all languages:

do not or don't is not spelled dnt
like is not spelled lik
just is not spelled jus
etc.

It's just a lot easier to read when someone uses proper spelling and grammar.

As for the original question, it's not good for that and you probably know that or you wouldn't be asking the question hoping we tell you otherwise. However, any food in moderation isn't going to hurt you much.

Shao-LiN
03-06-2005, 09:50 PM
In all languages:

It's just a lot easier to read when someone uses proper spelling and grammar.

I'm aware that it is much easier to read when proper spelling and grammar is used (insert duh here), but not everyone is as educated as another. Maybe the first person was being lazy and not spelling things correctly, but I've had many friends who do not speak english as a first language that can speak it decently, but cannot spell or use proper grammar most times when putting their thoughts down on paper.

In Korean, don't is not spelled don't....not everyone translates their own language into english...they translate english into their own language.

Allie
03-07-2005, 09:09 AM
It really depends on what you buy... I personally get ice cream for free... one down side is that they have been testing it to see how adding more butterfat will effect the taste. Also if you buy light ice cream, NSA, etc...

Just read the label

Thunderwulf
03-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I ate a whole container of ben & jerry's chunky monkey in one sitting this weekend.

I do this every 3 months or so. Only ice cream I have all year.

I don't care, it tasted f*ing great. :)

Vido
03-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I ate a whole container of ben & jerry's chunky monkey in one sitting this weekend.

I do this every 3 months or so. Only ice cream I have all year.

I don't care, it tasted f*ing great. :)

Bah, I think I'm closer to a tub of that stuff/week. Great stuff! :)

Ellocodetroit
03-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Damn I cheated alot last week and I had two root beer floats and too much food. My weakness set me back a week and half. I gained 1.5 pounds when I hit the scales today at the gym.