PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein...

ancom41
03-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I've been working out for a couple of months now just trying to get my body adjusted to the strain and kinda get a base to work off of. I am going to add Whey Protein (shake mix) into my workout diet. The serving size is 1 scoop per 20g protein. I am probably gonna mix this with some of that hygeia high protein milk which i believe is like 8g of protein per serving size. Was planning on making two of the 38g protein shakes a day. One mid day, one after workout. This leaves me with 76g protein just from the shakes alone... i weigh 160lbs so i figure i need about that many grams of protein... do you guys think that i can get the remaining 84g protein just from my meals? Or would you guys recommend putting more than the recommended serving size in the whey protein shake? Also.. is during the day and after the workout the best times to take these shakes? appreciate the help.

andy51
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Post work out I would take about 2 scoops of the protein with carbs, in water. The milk will slow absorbtion post work out. And take another scoop if needed in milk during the day.

ancom41
03-06-2005, 07:54 PM
what other substances would slow the absorbtion rate? for example if i mixed it with some sort of fruit in the form of a smoothie or something?

Optimum08
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
any type of casien or slow digesting protein would slow down absorption...fruit would not because it is a carb...