PDA

View Full Version : does this diet look ok for cutting?

ariebenpesach
03-07-2005, 03:43 PM
greetings all, how does this diet look? i'm 6-4, 225, would be pretty cut up at 210, which is my goal:

7:30 1 yogurt

10:00 whey powder

12:00 chicken breast and lettuce, or turkey burger with small cup of fruit

2:30 whey powder

6:00 2 chicken breasts and vegetables, or tofurky dogs in buns with veggies

9:00 glass of oj or V8 juice

oh, and real important: i like to have many drinks 1 once a week, and maybe a beer or a glass of wine on a different night.

thanks for input!

Vido
03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
How many calories is that? It doesn't look like very many at all.

I wouldn't have whey protein as a "meal". At least add some nuts in there...which would also help address the problem of you having next to no fat in that diet.

Maki Riddington
03-07-2005, 04:08 PM
7:30 2 cups of cottage cheese 1 cup of oats with 2 table spoons of peanut butter mixed in

10:00 whey powder in water with fish oil caps or flax oil

12:00 chicken breast and spinach garden salad with a vinergarette dressing

2:30 whey powder/2 handfuls of unsalted nuts

6:00 2 chicken breasts and steamed vegetables

9:00 Whey protein shake and flax oil or fish oil caps

Postworkout, I'd get some carbs and protein to help speed up your recovery.
This is a just a simple adjustment, I don't know anything about you so this is just a general guide. Also aim to get in 1-3 litres of cold water every day.

ariebenpesach
03-08-2005, 02:23 PM
thanks for the guidance. what's the deal with fish caps and flax oil?

your diet still looks like a lot of food to me. i know you know more on this subject than i do, but what i do know is that if: # of cals i eat < # of cals i generally need = weight loss. so i figure as long as i keep the cals pretty close to what i need (5-6 meals a day) and keep hitting the weights, i should hopefully lose the fat and only a minimal amount of my muscle... am i missing a lot more here? b/c i must admit, i've practically never succeeded in cutting.

Maki Riddington
03-08-2005, 04:25 PM
what's the deal with fish caps and flax oil?

Fish oils improve body composition. Read this article, it will help you out.

http://www.1fast400.com/i19_Fish_Oil.html

your diet still looks like a lot of food to me. i know you know more on this subject than i do, but what i do know is that if: # of cals i eat < # of cals i generally need = weight loss. so i figure as long as i keep the cals pretty close to what i need (5-6 meals a day) and keep hitting the weights, i should hopefully lose the fat and only a minimal amount of my muscle... am i missing a lot more here? b/c i must admit, i've practically never succeeded in cutting.

The sample I posted was aproximately around 2000-2200 cals, maybe a bit less. At your weight, you should start high and work your way down. Throw in a bit of cardio along the way, then increase it as your fat loss slows down and then finally combine your cardio with a decent thermogenic. Of course you can skip the thermo as it isn't a must, it will just speed the process up if you monitor your caloric intake closely.

ariebenpesach
03-09-2005, 12:54 PM
thanks for the info on fish oil. gonna buy some of that **** pronto. i think i'll also start grubbing more sashimi. maybe for lunch right about now ;)

btw, what's a 'thermogenic'?

Maki Riddington
03-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Another word for fatburner.