PDA

View Full Version : Southern Beast: Two Pics

Southern Beast
03-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Here's two pics, and they're really not that great to tell what I look like overall. I had no intentions of posting these, but decided I wanted a little feedback. When I get a new photographer (ie. have my friend come back over and take some more), I'll try to post some more.

As for the wheels, they're looking good! :) I had a nasty ankle injury last year (I have a pic of that, too, I need to upload it) and it's been feeling pretty good for the past 2-3 months. My squats aren't extremely heavy right now, but I'm gradually increasing every week.

My shots - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/JWood83/posing.jpg

If you wanna see what my ankle looked like when it was injured, you can check this pic out. It's not too gross, but it was quite a nasty sprain. I thought I broke it, but the docs said it wasn't. It sure as hell have me problems for months.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/JWood83/badsprain.jpg

Gabrielle
03-07-2005, 05:19 PM
nice frame. Once you fill out a bit more, you will be ace.

SW
03-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Really nice pictures dude. Sick arms.

Ankle injury looks nasty as ****.

Jabberwocky
03-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Look good, nice tat. Post some more =D

Southern Beast
03-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks a bunch, guys! I'm slowly but surely bulking, and trying to get a bit bigger. Goals would be a nice, lean 215-220 lbs.

Thanks, Jabberwocky. ;) The funny thing about the tat is I got it when I was 18, and fairly skinny. Now my shoulders have gotten bigger and it's shifted a bit, so I'll need to get more ink added in the future.

I don't have any more body shots right now, but I got an older pic of me in a tank top. I wasn't as defined then, but it shows my tat, lol.

I think this is from 2003:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/JWood83/justmenomatt.jpg

Canadian Crippler
03-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Lookin good man!

Manveet
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
You look much better in your current pic.

Nice and lean, wide frame etc. Good luck with the clean bulk, you're gonna look great at a lean 215-220lbs

Built
03-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow, have you ever been working on that bod! You look great - KILLER taper!

GoldsClarendon
03-07-2005, 10:54 PM
BEAST, nice V taper you got goin there. If you are lookin to get large as hell you have a perfect body for it.

Great Work!

abwowang
03-07-2005, 10:59 PM
nice.. thats somethin im tryin to get to..
keep it up

Southern Beast
03-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks so much for the comments guys! I got a lot of work ahead to add on some clean pounds, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it. All I need is to stay motivated, and continue to hang out here with y'all. :D

getfit
03-08-2005, 04:39 AM
you look great! keep up on what you're doing! :)

Stackattack
03-08-2005, 05:25 AM
You look great man. Broad shoulders, a tiny waist and lean too.

ZebraShu
03-08-2005, 05:44 AM
top knotch job

muscle chic
03-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Looking good!! Yuck to the ankle, it looks painfull

the one
03-08-2005, 10:40 AM
awesome pics man, shoulders look ****in sick dude

Southern Beast
03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys. I know these aren't the best pics, but is there anything that looks to be lagging? My wheels are catching up fast since I recently started going heavy on legs again, but anything else?

Brotherofiron
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
i had an ankle injury that was almost exactly the same, that was last year, and it is still a little screwed up, once you hurt your ankle it will never be the same...

its creepy...i hurt the same ankle...and it looked exactly the same as yours does...

ozzyman
03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
looking solid..... great job!!! especially for over 6 foot!

Southern Beast
03-12-2005, 09:29 PM
i had an ankle injury that was almost exactly the same, that was last year, and it is still a little screwed up, once you hurt your ankle it will never be the same...

its creepy...i hurt the same ankle...and it looked exactly the same as yours does...

Damn, I hate hearing this because I know how bad it sucks. You're right; it'll never be the same. Usually it feels close to 100%, but every once in a while I can still "feel" it. Thank God it doesn't bother me like it used to, and I can lift heavier again with squats and deads.

Thanks, Ozzy. :) It's a bitch putting on size being over 6', but hopefully when I accomplish my goals, I'll look pretty big and solid rather than tall and lankyish. :evillaugh

Cra-Z
03-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Lookin' good for sure man. Definitely have gotten bigger. Gnarly ass ankle injury. Good luck.

Built
03-12-2005, 09:32 PM
It'll be close enough to the same, though.

I started lifting 6 years AFTER breaking both my arms. (BTW, not recommended - I suggest breaking one, waiting until it heals, then arranging a second accident to break the other one at a later date...) :rolleyes:

I still manage to train 'em like a sonofabitch.

Southern Beast
03-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Holy crap @ breaking both arms -- that is just horrible. You're right,though. Gotta just let the injuries heal and then come back and train like a sonofabitch. :thumbup:

Big J
03-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Lookin good bro! Your waist is very small and you have pretty wide shoulders. Look like your body fat level is fairly low, and you're pretty dedicated to training. You should see excellant results if you keep training.

But I gotta ask ya, whats up with the hat? :D

Southern Beast
03-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Ha, that's my "PLAYER" beanie from American Eagle. It was on sale for $4, and I couldn't say no. :D

Nice sig, btw. ;)

ozzyman
03-12-2005, 10:04 PM
oh and BTW you will look huge one day..... Being tall and then adding massive size will make you just look huge.....

Miss Rezza
03-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Damn SB, you look awesome!!

Those arms..... :drooling:

IZich
03-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Looking good.
About that tat: are you planning on getting one on the other delt as well?

IZich
03-14-2005, 08:52 PM
oh btw.. i feel ya about the bitchin time putting on weight for us tall ones.. hang in there.. you can do it!

Southern Beast
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Looking good.
About that tat: are you planning on getting one on the other delt as well?

Thanks. :)

Nah, I don't think I'll get one on the other side. If anything, I need to save my money and invest more into this one. I'd like the whole delt covered, with parts of it trickling onto my back as well as some on my chest.

240 @ 6'2"? I bet you look pretty intimidating, man. I'd love to get up that high.

TTT
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Good work, man. How skinny were you before you started lifting?
Good to see another tall person on here :thumbup:

Southern Beast
03-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Good work, man. How skinny were you before you started lifting?
Good to see another tall person on here :thumbup:

I was probably around 155-160 @ 6'2" when I was 15. I started playing football, but in Jr. High we didn't lift (just running and practicing).

When I got to High School, I started playing baseball, too, and got my weight up to an average of 170-175 and I was about 16-17. I quit sports (worst personal decision I ever made) but lifted more, and by the time I graduated, I was about 185, and decently built.

The main thing that held me back was lack of knowledge on nutrition and supplements. I always thought working out was 90% and eating was 10%, and boy, was I wrong. If I had the knowledge I have now in High School, I think I could've graduated at about 210-215.

When I got to community college, I was going to try out for baseball, so I did a cycle of Test ( :-O @ baseball and steroids). I got up to 205 for a short while, and then when the tryouts came, I wasn't eligible because I wasn't taking enough hours to participate in sports. :swear:

And sadly, I hurt my ankle, dropped back down a little bit, and now am trying to catch up. So yeah, that was way more than I needed to type and much more than you wanted answered!