PDA

View Full Version : cutting and protien shakes

AB2004
03-08-2005, 04:28 AM
hi im trying to loose weight but at the same time get some more muscle, i was wondering if having protien shakes would slow down my weight loss?

Praetorian
03-08-2005, 04:30 AM
no

Shao-LiN
03-08-2005, 05:36 AM
hi im trying to loose weight but at the same time get some more muscle, i was wondering if having protien shakes would slow down my weight loss?

Would eating chicken slow down your weight loss? It's just protein. There is no magic to it. It is protein in an easier to digest, liquid form.

AB2004
03-09-2005, 12:13 PM
which would you reccomend from this list?

http://www.affordablesupplements.co.uk/ns/products/list.asp?typeid=5

if advertising is banned or whatever sorry please edit.

AllUp
03-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I was wondering if having protien shakes would slow down my weight loss?
Slow weight loss-maybe, slow fatloss-No.

Built
03-09-2005, 01:01 PM
There may be something to be said for favouring casein or casein/whey over straight whey while cutting:

From: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=25957

One study compared two groups on a 2100 to 2300kcal diet containing 143g protein (26%), 286g carbohydrates (52%), and 49g fat (20%). Both groups weight trained for twelve weeks but received 75g of their daily protein intake from either a whey-based drink or a milk-protein isolate drink (80% casein, 20% whey). At the end of the study, the milk-protein isolate group lost more fat (15.4lbs vs. 9.2lbs), gained more lean mass (9lbs vs. 4.4lbs), and gained more upper and lower body strength than the whey group. It appears that milk protein isolate ingestion, when on a training program, may be a better way to enhance fat loss and muscle gain.

no regrets
03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I reccommend 100% whey

trfe
03-10-2005, 09:35 AM
AB2004 - lay off all the scones, crumpets, and biskets. The weight will fly off of you.

AB2004
03-10-2005, 10:46 AM
iv cut out everything bad for me, even buying bananas in bulk for a snack instead of fatty foods.

[[[----]]]
03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
good, designer whey tastes really good.

Built
03-10-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm not so sure I'd recommend bananas for cutting...

Vido
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm not so sure I'd recommend bananas for cutting...

Don't get back on this fructose thing again. Bananas are fine for cutting.

Are there better sources of carbs? Yes

Will bananas make it so that you can't lose a lb? Obviously not

Built
03-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Fructose or no, they're really high in carb, and have no protein at all.

A better fruit would be any type of berry, or melons (other than watermelons).

And are you trying to bully me about FRUCTOSE?

;)

Vido
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Fructose or no, they're really high in carb, and have no protein at all.

A better fruit would be any type of berry, or melons (other than watermelons).

And are you trying to bully me about FRUCTOSE?

;)

I wouldn't consider ANY carb a good source of protein so I think that point is moot.

In addition, most cutting diets will allow for at least some carbs and if people enjoy bananas there's no reason not to include them. I personally wouldn't because they're not filling at all (compared to oats or brown rice) and if I'm restricting calories I want the most out of those calories.

And yes, I'm trying to bully you about fructose :).

Built
03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
I didn't say berries WERE sources of protein. But if you're gonna eat food while cutting, I'd go a little higher on the protein, and avoid foods that were likely to induce hunger, like bananas. I'm cutting now, and I stick to more filling sources of carbs, like oats, with eggwhite so I get protein with it. (I make waffles with oats, cottage cheese, and eggwhite. They're awesome. I eat them with blueberries. Yes, fructose :rolleyes: )

See? We're on the same page. I wasn't going after the fructose thing, hon.

Really.