PDA

View Full Version : Alright, lets do this.

YeahMan21
03-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Tired of my skinny ass. I'm 5'5, a 124 pounds, and I want to gain as much mass as possible while staying very lean. My goal would be at about 145 pounds of just lean muscle. Currently i'm taking in as much food as I possibly can, but I can still only manage to eat so much. I'm figuring I eat maybe 2500 a day. I am trying very hard to change that.

I eat mostly peanut butter, tuna, chicken, milk, and water. When I need to get the calories in I have a frozen pizza. I usually have a protein smoothie (fruit, bananna, yogurt, milk, scoop of whey protein) after my workouts. I just started taking creatine before my workouts (5g).

I pretty much only want to improve my upper body, so thats what I concentrate most on. My arm workout is as follows:

Seated dumbbell curls
Seated Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Tricep extensions
Lifts (Where you have the dumbell behind your head and lift it...)
And tricep pull downs (on the machine)

My chest/back workout is:
dumbell bench press
dumbell butterflies
machine butterflies
Lateral raises (like your doing the chicken dance)
Seated shoulder press

I'll do the first workout one day, the second the next, and keep going like this. But I do take a day off 2 days a week.

My legs aren't anything i'm too worried about, but I get a leg exercise in when I can. Its hard for me to get to the gym between school and work as it is, so when i'm there i'm concerned with making myself better in the departments I care about. I know legs are important though so I do them once in awhile.

PICTURES:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=61406

galileo
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Good Luck! :spam:

YeahMan21
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks.

YeahMan21
03-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Bump :(

Built
03-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Ditch the banana post workout and replace it with dextrose and or maltodextrin (enough pure dextrose is so sweet you'll be screaming).

Why?

Fructose won't stimulate an insulin spike, and it's taken up preferentially as liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen. Have fruit at some other time. Post workout, stick to glucose/malto. I mix mine half and half.

How much dextrose? I'd say at least as many grams as you have in protein, if not double.

I think Berrardi suggests .8g/kg LBM of dextrose, and .4g/kg LBM of protein, but I find I like protein and carb about the same, at 40-50g each. I'm a chick though, and older than you. You'll probably benefit from the higher carbs.

Also, a common error seen in new lifters, especially young men, is that they avoid leg work because they need upper body size. (Actually, women do this too, but for the opposite reason - they're AFRAID of LOWER BODY size, not realizing that the heavy leg work will lean them out).

Weirdly enough, it's heavy compound exercises, especially heavy leg work (squats and deads) that will stimulate overall testosterone levels and let you grow a nice beefy upper body.

Think of it like a tree - big roots = big branches.

Good luck!

YeahMan21
03-08-2005, 06:50 PM
This might sound stupid but what can I eat that has a lot of dextrose and glucose?

Focused70
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Get a whey/dextrose shake. You can usually order whey and/or dextrose in bulk and mix it to whatever proportions you like. OR you can buy a pre/post workout shake like Nitrean and drink that.

Stash

Built
03-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Better yet (and cheaper) - get a low carb protein shake, and doctor it up with dextrose and maltodextrin. You can pick these up online cheap (about 5 bucks a kilogram) or at a beer and wine supply store.

The malto I buy is sold as a product called Brew Body - it's 100% pure malto.

Why mix the two? Well, malto isn't sweet at all, and dextrose is TOO sweet.

The combination is also better for gastric emptying than straight dextrose due to the lower osmolality of maltodextrin.

Geekiness. Ignore that last part. Just get both.

A quarter cup of either of these sugars has about 40g of carb (I weighed it at home).

PizDoff
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
So do you like eat a frozen pizza out of the freezer? That's hardcore man!

YeahMan21
03-09-2005, 09:48 AM
More along the lines of the kind that you put in a microwave.

YeahMan21
03-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Came up with a new workout. All are 3 sets 8-12 reps.

OK, I revised the whole thing. Here we go.

DAY 1:
Bench Press
Decline DB Press
Incline DB Press
Reverse Pushups
Overhead Tri Ext
Tricep Pulldowns

Day 2: Back/Biceps
Dead Lift
Cable Pull Down
Cable Row
Alt DB Curl
Alt Hammer Curl
Conc. Curl

Day 3: Shoulders/Legs
Shrugs
Rev Flyes
Shoulder Press
Hamstring Ext.
Toe Raises
Leg Ext.
DB Squats

YeahMan21
05-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Forgot I had this thing. Well I work 6 days a week and only have time to go to the gym once a week. So, I try to do a full body. Heres the workout I just did.

2 sets db curls
2 sets hammer curls
3 sets of weighted reverse pushups
2 sets tricep pulldowns
2 sets db presses
2 sets db flyes
3 sets deadlifts
2 sets cable rows
2 sets leg presses
2 sets reverse leg ext
ab workout.

check out my pics. link in the sig.

METALASIAN
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
How about weights and stuff?

YeahMan21
05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Kaiser
05-11-2005, 07:57 PM
How much weight did you use and how many reps per set is what he's asking

YeahMan21
05-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Forgot I had this thing. Well I work 6 days a week and only have time to go to the gym once a week. So, I try to do a full body. Heres the workout I just did.

2 sets db curls
2 sets hammer curls
3 sets of weighted reverse pushups
2 sets tricep pulldowns
2 sets db presses
2 sets db flyes
3 sets deadlifts
2 sets cable rows
2 sets leg presses
2 sets reverse leg ext
ab workout.

check out my pics. link in the sig.

My only question is is this enough to do for a bulk? I'm maxing out, but i'm only doing it one day a week.

Canadian Crippler
05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Why can you only get in the gym once a week? The president of the United States finds time to workout 3 times a week, so I'm sure you can figure out ATLEAST twice a week. If it's a time constraint you just need to time everything better.

YeahMan21
05-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I wake up at 8, go to school get home at 3, go to work at 4 get back at 10. Sleep, wake, repeat. On weekends I usually work 7:30am- 4pm. After 4 i'll go to the gym, and be too soe to go the next day. Summer will be easier but i'm talking about now.

Canadian Crippler
05-13-2005, 01:48 PM
When you get back at 10, take a high calorie shake and go right to bed. Wake up at 6 and head off to the gym. This gives you almost 8 hours of sleep still, and you can get in your workouts.

It does all depend on how important getting big is to you. I know if I was in your situation, I would take the route explained above.

JonnyM
04-30-2008, 12:39 PM
When you get back at 10, take a high calorie shake and go right to bed. Wake up at 6 and head off to the gym. This gives you almost 8 hours of sleep still, and you can get in your workouts.

It does all depend on how important getting big is to you. I know if I was in your situation, I would take the route explained above.

I agree with this guy, he is actually, completely right. I used to think like you did, but that changed, im 15 now, how old are you dude?