PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch what you eat if...

carlossalsa8
03-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi guys and ladies. I just wanted to know if you guys or ladies would watch what you eat if you had this kind of routine:

Monday, Wednesday.
1 hour running- non-stoping.
After the long run, I run for another 20 minutes sprinting and slow ( hit )
Sprint for 20 sec and 20 sec slow
after 10 minutes I sprint for 45 seconds and rest 15 seconds up to 20 minutes. Then I do abs and jog for 20 minutes combined with short sprints.

Tuesday and thursday.
I have soccer practice which consists of:
10 minutes warm up- jogging.
We run for 50 minutes.
Do lots of sprints, I mean a lotttttt. We do legs workouts ( I hate this, pretty tiring but feels good after ) We also do Speed power ( more sprints with weight ) and then we play for 45 minutes. I do abs workout after practice is done.

Friday: I run for 60 minutes - normal speed. I do 15 minutes Hit and other 20 minutes jogging. I workout my legs and do abs. I also lift weights ( usually arms and back ) and at the end I make some sprints 80-90% speed max ( Till I am out of air ) Takes time for me to lose my air.

Saturday: I sometimes play that day, but if I don't I just do weight lifting first. Most of the time Chest and shoulders. I jog for 40-50 minutes and walk for 10 to 20 minutes. I also use the bycicle just to relax my legs for 20 minutes. Do a hitt of 15 minutes.

Sunday: I always play. ( competitive game )

I am 20 yrs old, 5'10 at 155 pounds ( used to be 167 at 6.5 bf %but season started and I had to stop putting more weight). Body fat: last time a measured it was 6.5%. Im not thin, I have muscles on me. I am lean and i was able to add muscles while doing all the running I do but have lost some mass. I eat a lot. No junk food. try to eat clean as possible.

Question: I am really active as you can imagine, so I was just wondering IF you would have the same routine I have, would u watch what you eat? would you count your calories? Would you cheat everyday? I ask these because most of the time I feel hungry. I mean I eat a lot but I still get hungry. Thanks in advanced.

Vido
03-09-2005, 01:42 AM
What are your goals?

The more active you are, the more you can get away with a suspect diet...but if you're trying to add mass you still have to be eating enough total calories.

dw06wu
03-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I would eat whatever the hell I wanted. Make sure you are getting enough vitamins. With that much cardio I don't see much possibility for hypertrophy or fat accumulation. (Without some sort of ridiculous pizza and ice cream diet)

carlossalsa8
03-09-2005, 10:57 PM
I have already accomplished my goals which were get a sick pack and add mass while maintaining my speed with the mass added. I just want to know if you would eat wuteva you want or would watch wut you eat.

spanky33
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
If I were that active I wouldn't watch what I ate.
If at any point I noticed a shift in my body fat, then I'd take a look back at what I'm eating and analyse it. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste time worrying.

JSully
03-10-2005, 12:23 AM
I would watch as much pizza, cookie dough, ice cream, donuts, candy bars, pasta, and much of everything else I love to eat, disappear!

Vido
03-10-2005, 12:46 AM
I would watch as much pizza, cookie dough, ice cream, donuts, candy bars, pasta, and much of everything else I love to eat, disappear!

That was basically my diet back when I used to play soccer.

carlossalsa8
03-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I eat a lot guys. though it seems as if my body does not get satisfy with all the food I eat. I mean that's lot of food I am talking about. I am planning to add protein shakes and drop maybe 1 or 2 meals. Good or bad idea? Another question: I am pretty active but when i wanna rest, I just can't. My body wants some exercising (running) If i don't run a day, I would not sleep and my body would feel weird. My body just ask for it. Is there a reason? it could be " all in my head" but any other idea.

Vido
03-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I eat a lot guys. though it seems as if my body does not get satisfy with all the food I eat. I mean that's lot of food I am talking about. I am planning to add protein shakes and drop maybe 1 or 2 meals. Good or bad idea?

Dropping meals and replacing them with shakes is probably the worst thing you could do if you're already not satisfied. People drink shakes because they're too full to eat real food.

GEOFF361
03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
you probly just get a "runners high" when you run. When running long distances/exerting alot of energy, yer brain releases chemicals somewhat similar to morphine, gives you a good, happy feeling. lots of runners NEED to run, once their body is used to feeling the "runners high" all the time, they get anxious and feel an urge to run. (ever see crazy guys running in sub zero weather) they get a natural high!!.....crazy runners