PDA

View Full Version : Pasta

estropes
03-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey does anyone know, is there a Wheat Pasta on the market that doesn't have a bad after taste?

EJFan
03-09-2005, 12:26 PM
sure is. should be available at just about any supermarket with the "regular" pasta. i never really noticed any difference in taste, at least not a BAD difference.

most pasta is made with durham wheat which, the way i understand it, is mildly healthier than your typical white-flour pasta. whole wheat is still the way to go. whatever pasta you eat, keep it as underdone as possible for an even heathier food... the less cooked it is, the more your body has to work to process it. a mild difference but a difference nonetheless.

darius19
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Isnt all pasta made with wheat? When I look at the ingridients they all say wheat...?

Built
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Do you mean whole-wheat?

I buy Catelli - I actually like their multigrain better.

Relentless
03-09-2005, 01:57 PM
there is a multigrain fresh pasta I've bought once or twice by a company called Oliveri or Olivetti or something

it's in your grocer's refrigerated pasta area along with the fresh ravioli, etc,

made with various grains, kamut, other stuff... excellent nutty flavour and great al dente consistency when cooked properly

estropes
03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Yea I bought some whole wheat pasta made by old mill, it has a really bad after taste.

Thanks for the replies