PDA

View Full Version : bulking as cleanly as possible

beaumc
03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
i started lifting seriously about 3 months ago. i am 21 years old, 165-170lbs, 6'1'', and have a bench of 205 and squat of 350. i just started taking creatine about a week and a half ago and i am already noticing some improvements. i got my bf% today and it was 13%. i would like to get that down to 7-8% but put on 15-20lbs of muscle. how can i do this cleanly? a trainer told me to stop eating so much peanut butter and switch to the natural penut butter. is there any other way of doing this besides eating a ****load and getting kinda fat to cutting it out? i dont want to gain anymore fat-just lean muscle. i hope this isnt unrealistic and i dont mean to sound so ignorant. i'm also on my own now so i dont have a lot of money for some foods that are in some articles i've been reading-basically, i wanna do this on a budget. natural peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, chicken, and tuna seem to fit my budget but i'm not sure if this will fit my needs. any suggetstions would help me out, thanks everyone.

ryuage
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
so you want to lose 10 lbs of fat while gaining 15-20 lbs of muscle.... am i correct?

beaumc
03-09-2005, 03:45 PM
it sounds unrealistic i know. i want to gain lean muscle-i know i will put on some fat too which is ok. i also realize i will have to cut to get the bf% down. i'm asking how can i put on this weight cleanly? soryy is this isnt clear.

ryuage
03-09-2005, 03:48 PM
well if you want to gain 20 lbs of muscle without puting on a good amount of fat.... i would strive for gaining that 20 lbs in the time frame of a year.

no regrets
03-10-2005, 08:01 AM
I reccommend throwing some lean red meat into that diet too as far as protein goes. What do you plan on eating for carbs?