PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Online calorie/fat/protein programs to keep track?

trfe
03-10-2005, 08:15 AM
The first one I have found is www.fitday.com Are there any other ones out there that would be worthwhile to check out?

Thanks

Geeper
03-15-2005, 12:05 PM
You, my friend, have found the best there is!!! You'll find most people tracking their food, unless they are using home software, are using fitday. Bodybuilders, people loosing weight, people with certain medical conditions, Atkins people..... Fitday is awesome! The best, and I've tried lots of them

Atomical
03-15-2005, 02:22 PM
You, my friend, have found the best there is!!! You'll find most people tracking their food, unless they are using home software, are using fitday. Bodybuilders, people loosing weight, people with certain medical conditions, Atkins people..... Fitday is awesome! The best, and I've tried lots of them

There is a free software but you need webspace and PHP/mysql. If you go to freshmeat.net and search for weight loss you should find the program. It's a pretty easy to use web-based program. It doesn't have a lot of the frills that other programs have, but I could code them in if I wanted to.

tholian8
03-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I use Diet and Exercise Assistant for the Palm. It's the only thing I use my Palm for, actually. Very convenient since I travel quite a bit.

As far as web-based trackers, fitday is the best one I've used.

Hydrogenated
03-16-2005, 01:06 AM
yep - fitday rocks

sci_fit
03-16-2005, 08:38 AM
better then fitday is http://www.nutritiondata.com/index.html you just got to get used to it

Geeper
03-16-2005, 08:45 AM
better then fitday is http://www.nutritiondata.com/index.html you just got to get used to it

How is it better than fitday? I took a look around and it seemed just more confused and more work for the same info. Not dissing it, but what is the difference and what is better about it?

trfe
03-16-2005, 09:41 AM
How is it better than fitday? I took a look around and it seemed just more confused and more work for the same info. Not dissing it, but what is the difference and what is better about it?

It seems like it can help you find certain foods. Such as if you're looking for something high in protein and fiber, but low in fat and carbs. But fitday seems like it is a much easier tracking system to use, as well as complete.