PDA

View Full Version : Another Whey Question

ironworker
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I statred this thread because I didn't want to hijack anyone elses.

I just bought some 100% Whey made by ON, As most of you know by my previous posts I am new to working out and losing weight. I just joined a gym last Friday and so far I have lost 3-4 lbs doing 30 minutes on an elipyical before work evereyday, plus being on a low carb diet.
I am nursing 1 or 2 broken ribs (havent been to doctor) so there is no way I can lift weights right now, should I still be taking the Whey even though I am not lifting?
I follwed the instruction under another thread and took my weight and multiplied it by 12 for max calorie intake, can someone please tell me how much protien I should have in a day I can't seem to find that in here anywhere.

I will start lifting as soon as my ribs heal, about another 2-3 weeks, until then just cardio.

I know most of these questions sound pretty stupid but in 38 years I have never taken care of my body until now.

Thanks - Rich

Vido
03-10-2005, 03:12 PM
1g per lb of bodyweight

ironworker
03-10-2005, 03:36 PM
1g per lb of bodyweight

and I will still lose weight correct?

Built
03-10-2005, 03:50 PM
As long as your cals are in line, yes.

If you have excess cals, then, no.

I try for 1-1.5 g per pound goal weight as a ballpark for protein.

ironworker
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
As long as your cals are in line, yes.

If you have excess cals, then, no.

I try for 1-1.5 g per pound goal weight as a ballpark for protein.

when you say cals in line you mean within the 2400 daliy limit?

After a few different posts today I decided to try to stick with the same thing to eat for 1 whole week to have exact cals (around 1800) everyday.

Thanks

Rich

Atomical
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
When trying to lose weight and gain muscle you're trying to juggle the right amounts of carbohydrates and protein in your diet so you don't lose the muscle you already have.