PDA

View Full Version : Work at a nightlcub...but am on a diet.

TheSicilian
03-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Ey how you all doing?
Well heres the story, i am on a cutting diet consisting of 6-8 meals which i eat spread out over every 2-2/12 hrs.
Anyways, i also work at a nightclub two days a week, which means for atleast 4-5 hrs, i can't eat. (Although my 8 meals will be finished before that)
So what should i do? Eat something low carb straight after it, or nothing. Cause i am always starving after work. Thats without the diet lol.

Anyways, help a.s.a.p will be appreciated.

Slim Schaedle
03-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Get off work, eat some meat, something low carb, etc, go to bed, or do whatever.

If you are worried about that 9th meal (after work) adding too many calories to your diet, just subtract a little earlier in the day. But honestly, after going 4-5 without food I would make sure you are eating something.

Vido
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
If you are worried about that 9th meal (after work) adding too many calories to your diet, just subtract a little earlier in the day.

Or just space the meals further apart and have the 8th meal after work. This isn't brain surgery.

TheSicilian
03-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Or just space the meals further apart and have the 8th meal after work. This isn't brain surgery.

yeah but 8 meals is suppose to last me for the average time i am awake, that is, enough to sustain energy over my work out and usuall daily activities, spreadin the 8 over longer ours would mean that i wouldnt have the same energy that i would on the usual scheddual...beh, maybe not, im not a brain surgen :rolleyes:

LOL nah but thanks for all that, i will have some meat as soon as i get home, den watch tv for bout half n hour den go to bed.

Vido
03-10-2005, 08:46 PM
yeah but 8 meals is suppose to last me for the average time i am awake, that is, enough to sustain energy over my work out and usuall daily activities, spreadin the 8 over longer ours would mean that i wouldnt have the same energy that i would on the usual scheddual

It doesn't matter if you eat 3 meals or 20 meals. It's the total calories from those meals that's giving you your energy.

Built
03-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Can you not keep a shake ready to knock back mid-shift? Get one with a whey-casein blend so you stay full longer.

Shao-LiN
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah but 8 meals is suppose to last me for the average time i am awake, that is, enough to sustain energy over my work out and usuall daily activities, spreadin the 8 over longer ours would mean that i wouldnt have the same energy that i would on the usual scheddual...beh, maybe not, im not a brain surgen :rolleyes:

LOL nah but thanks for all that, i will have some meat as soon as i get home, den watch tv for bout half n hour den go to bed.

Talk about obsessive compulsive...it doesn't make a difference.

Stagger
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Just bring an MRP shake with you and drink it quick during a break or something. Should be easy enough.

I think what you really need to worry about is the lack of sleep, working at a nightclub.

no regrets
03-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree. Bring a shake or protein bar. Either would take about 30 seconds to consume.

Vido
03-14-2005, 04:09 PM
I think what you really need to worry about is the lack of sleep, working at a nightclub.

I highly doubt he's going to quit his job due to inadequate sleep for bodybuilding purposes :rolleyes:.

Besides, even if he gets home at 5 or 6am he never said what he does during the day. He might very well still be able to get enough sleep in. Most of my lifter friends don't go to sleep until at least 4am on a nightly basis, and none of them seem to be suffering too much.

Shao-LiN
03-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Can easily work nights and sleep during the day. Not everyone sleeps at night.

Vido
03-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Can easily work nights and sleep during the day. Not everyone sleeps at night.

It's true. I'm practically on a bouncer's schedule right now. It's going to be a rude awakening when I get a real job one of these days...it'll feel like I'm moving to a completely different time zone.