PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman Grill + Frozen Chicken

Beholder
03-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I usually only do it with thawed chicken..but how long do I put it in for when its frozen? Those random late night chicken cravings are killin me!

Shao-LiN
03-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Do you not have a microwave to defrost it? In any event, I dunno how long you leave it in there....I'd go ahead and test it for yourself one day and let us know, hehe.

Frankster
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I tried last night when it wasn't fully defrosted, maybe 20% defrosted and put the timer at 15 minutes and it cooked perfectly.

J450n
03-11-2005, 01:13 AM
I put one on fully frozen one time and it took ages. Plus the end result was rubbery.. (i didn't over cook it, honest) nice.. Defrosted them fully ever since.

theguyfrompa
03-11-2005, 06:22 AM
i cook fully frozen pieces on mine everyday, 16 min for regular pieces 18 for thick, and i dotn know what i would do without it

ironworker
03-11-2005, 07:10 AM
I buy the bags of frozen chicken breasts sometimes and for some reason they seem to unthaw in about 1/3 the time as normal chicken breasts.
It must be how they freeze it.

neartaigh
03-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Just take the package of chicken and put it in a bowl of lukewarm tap water for about 20-30 minutes. That will defrost it fast.

To avoid rubbery chicken, bang the chicken with a meat mallet before you put it on the grill. That`s why the meat mallet is sometimes called a "tenderizer". ;)

Holto
03-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I just pour hot water in the ziplock bag a few times...

IrideVolks
03-11-2005, 01:01 PM
i was going to cook it frozen on the forman grill the other day but my bro said i should defrost it first..If you do not defrost it wil this make you sick??

Beholder
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
No but it will give the outer layer a rawhide appearance. well, thats what it did to me.

Frankster
03-11-2005, 04:04 PM
To avoid rubbery chicken, bang the chicken with a meat mallet before you put it on the grill. That`s why the meat mallet is sometimes called a "tenderizer". ;)

lmao I don't even know why I think this is funny... I imagined something else when I first read it I guess :p

[[[----]]]
03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Damn, i need a foreman!!!!!!!!!

betastas
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I throw mine on the foreman frozen - then after the outside turns white, I open it up, slice it into strips (still half frozen and pink on the inside) and flip the strips so it's pink side down and up. Work fine everytime, and comes out cooked and ready to eat.

Dirt
03-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I usually only do it with thawed chicken..but how long do I put it in for when its frozen?

As long as it takes to fully cook...

J450n
03-12-2005, 02:57 AM
Just take the package of chicken and put it in a bowl of lukewarm tap water for about 20-30 minutes. That will defrost it fast.

So, to clarify - I have to bang my chicken with my 'meat mallet' before i put it on the grill... Hmm.. the efforts you have to go to, to avoid rubbery chicken.... well, i'll try anything once..

wrestlemaniac
03-12-2005, 08:18 AM
I cook them frozen all the time. Just the outside of the thicken gets a little dry and hard.

garagedoor79
03-12-2005, 11:39 AM
To shaw frozen chicken breasts (or anything frozen) somewhat quickly without cooking them in the microwave while defrosting, just seal them in a baggy and immerse in warm water. Works wonders.

y2klifter
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I cook boneless skinless chicken breasts on the foreman all the time from frozen.

About 20 minutes does the trick....I also layer oinions and / or mushrooms sliced thinly under the chicken and on the chicken. Prevents the outside from getting hard and makes for a great side dish...

Remember: Always make sure your chicken is cooked well through!.... I'm colour blind, I have my wife check it for me... :burger:

AKraut
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
It's always better to cook meat from room temperature. When you don't, the outside gets overcooked since the inside takes longer to thaw and then cook while the outside is being burned and dried out. Microwaves take about 3-4 minutes, or you can put it in a bowl of hot water which takes maybe 2 minutes, how rushed are you? jeez....

PS- I use my Foreman daily, I just wish I had the new model with the removable plates because it's a beast to clean all the time, especially after cooking beef!

Chizniz16
04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
As long as we are on this subject... I just got a foreman, well since my sister moved back home from college, and im wondering what kind of chicken breast to buy. I know chicken tastes like chicken, but i need to know the highest protein and lowest fat selection, since im not much of a shopper. Any help would be great.

eddie500
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
I'd say just use a meat thermometer, and when the chicken hits the right temperature (that which I don't know) than you know all the bacteria is killed. This is the only sure safe way for how long to cook a peice of chicken.
I know from experience that when using a frying pan with a peice of frozen chicken.. the center takes a long time to defrost.. even though the outside looks cooked.