PDA

View Full Version : Injury causing problem

YungLifter
03-11-2005, 01:43 PM
well i was preparing a meal and knife sliped and cut into the mid part of my thumb i think i saw the bone its a deep but clean cut and it has my whole thumb numb all i can basically do is crunchs what type of food should i eat to try maintain my figure dnt want to lose any muscle god it took me lik 8mins to type this lol dnt know how long this will take to heal=\

getfit
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
if the cut is that deep maybe stitches are required IMO

YungLifter
03-11-2005, 01:52 PM
cant afford stitchs the cut seems to stay together well so im going to see if it heals up

AdmiralDan
03-11-2005, 02:17 PM
just scale back your calories. make sure to get enough protein and fats and cut back on carbs since you won't need them for energy

YungLifter
03-11-2005, 02:23 PM
is it still ok to have cereal in the morning? i eat Total :Protein cereal with low carb milk

Dirt
03-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Uh....If you cut your hand deep enough to see the bone, you need to go see a doctor. That **** isn't safe and this isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. Not only do you require stitches but you wouldn't look or feel too smart if you lost your thumb as a result of infection now would you?

bigpoppapump979
03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
if i were you id go see a doc and get on some antibiotics and see when your last tetanus booster was...

YungLifter
03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
the wound is pretty much closed just a lil numb now im just going to keep it still for few more days to make sure heals up i cleaned it very well seems to be ok i still feel and move it just cant move it all the way b/c still numb but i move it better i cant afford even if i wanted to=(

MixmasterNash
03-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Numb? You've probably sliced some nerves and you're definately not wise to avoid a doctor. Go to a clinic ASAP.

YungLifter
03-12-2005, 05:39 PM
its numb b/c for it to heal it has to stay for it to come together so the body keeps it numb untill it closes pretty well it numb but not completly numb i can move feel normally i just dont to let it cure

bigpoppapump979
03-12-2005, 05:51 PM
good luck man...you know if you are that poor you can go to an ER and they will fix it for you

YungLifter
03-12-2005, 05:54 PM
i could pay for it but it would set me back and since its healing up ill just w8t if i saw it was bad i would go but its healing up

Dirt
03-12-2005, 05:55 PM
its numb b/c for it to heal it has to stay for it to come together so the body keeps it numb untill it closes pretty well it numb but not completly numb i can move feel normally i just dont to let it cure

I'm not sure what you just tried to say, but if it's numb it's likely you've severed a nerve. A doctor won't be able to do anything about that, so that isn't of much concern. Since you say you can't afford medical attention, do the following. First of all buy some sterile gause, tape, and if possible steri strips and a topical antibiotic ointment (not a cream). If it's as deep as you say it is you're going to want to make sure you keep the wound as clean as possible. Clean the wound as best you can, apply a steri strip to keep it together (if it's coming apart) and you can apply ointment after that around the wound (try not to separate the cut by filling it with the ointment) then cover it with gause and tape it up. Allow it to breathe though (don't tape it like a cast) and make sure you change the dressing at least twice a day. If it's a serious cut, you risk losing your thumb if it gets infected. Just something to think about.

YungLifter
03-13-2005, 07:08 AM
the cut is closed up now but still numb not as numb as it was at 1st but still cant move it lik my other thumb

YungLifter
03-13-2005, 08:55 AM
the wound is closed now but still lil numb cant move it completly yet maybe 2-3 more days i move it back and forth fine and i bend it a little bit still numb

Shao-LiN
03-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Not going to see a doctor after a cut that deep is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard. At least go to a free clinic of some sort.