PDA

View Full Version : Ordering PL equip in the US

tholian8
03-12-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm visiting my family in the US in April and I'm hoping to order some PL equipment while there. I will be needing wrist wraps, knee wraps, a power belt, and very possibly a squat suit. Maybe a bench shirt also.

I can order stuff to be sent to my mom's, and I'll pick it up there. Who's got the best prices?

ryuage
03-12-2005, 05:16 PM
why cant you order them in the uk?

Pup
03-13-2005, 09:58 AM
I'd assume shipping charges are out of this world.

As for places to shop through, i would not order from Inzer...i ordered a pair of squat briefs from them 2 weeks ago, (they said 3-5 day shipping), then i called them and they said they didn't have my home address (i always list my po box and my street address) supposedly they were going to ship them on Tuesday (with street address i'd already provided them) and still aren't here, so they would not be the place.

Titan makes a good quality product i've been told, but generally have super long waits on shipping, if you want to get their product but don't want to wait 6 weeks, i would suggest looking at Priscilla Ribic's website, she is a titan distributor.

tholian8
03-13-2005, 10:05 AM
why cant you order them in the uk?

UK prices are routinely twice what they charge in the States for the same thing. For example, a belt costing $40-60 in the US can cost 80 here. Plus, when I buy at US prices and use my British credit card, the exchange rate works in my favor.

I could order stuff and have it shipped from the US, but:

a) shipping costs a fortune
b) there can be a wait of many weeks for the package to get here
c) i'll likely get hit with a HUGE Customs charge when it does arrive, and end up paying more than I would have to buy all the stuff in-country in the first place!

Pup: Thanx for the tip on Inzer. I'll start looking around for Titan stuff.

TheMachine
03-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Tholian,

Try littlepowerhouse.com for single ply poly gear from Titan. Priscilla Ribic carries their whole line of products and she specializes in fast shipping.

Chris Rodgers
03-13-2005, 07:55 PM
The Metal Gear from Finland is a little pricey, but is top quality!! There stuff is amazing and they make all levels of 1-ply(IPF legal) and 2-ply gear. The shipping by you might not be as bad.

From the US, Titan makes great stuff, but it might take 8 weeks........just to get someone on to answer the phone, lol.

Inzer has amazing products, and despite what Pup said, I have never had trouble waiting on them. Of course now two of my training partners are sponsored by him so that helps.

I have ordered and been happy with the service from Inzer directly, from Elite Fitness(Dave Tate) and from Iron Gladiators(Brent Mikesell).

Sensei
03-17-2005, 02:30 PM
As for places to shop through, i would not order from Inzer...i ordered a pair of squat briefs from them 2 weeks ago, (they said 3-5 day shipping), then i called them and they said they didn't have my home address (i always list my po box and my street address) supposedly they were going to ship them on Tuesday (with street address i'd already provided them) and still aren't here, so they would not be the place.

Titan makes a good quality product i've been told, but generally have super long waits on shipping, if you want to get their product but don't want to wait 6 weeks, i would suggest looking at Priscilla Ribic's website, she is a titan distributor.

I've NEVER had any troubles with Inzer. Everything has always arrived promptly (10 business days max.) and they've always been very accomodating if I needed to send something back or exchange.
http://inzernet.com/

Titan, on the other hand, I've heard nothing but horrible things about their delivery time and customer service. I'm sure that Priscilla Ribic would be a great place to go for Titan gear and decent service.

ElPietro
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Do I remember correctly that Kyle was going to be a Titan distributor on fortifiediron?

You can always check there and speak with him if you want. www.fortifiediron.com

If you want it all in one shot, elitefts.com (elite fitness) is one place you can try, but it can be a bit pricey there, I think.

Paul Stagg
03-18-2005, 07:57 AM
My experience with Inzer was fine - had my gear in a week - I didn't order anything custom, though.

Elitefts has fantastic customer service, but the gear they sell is pretty expensive.