PDA

View Full Version : bench stagnant for 2 months

Mission
03-12-2005, 08:02 PM
My 1rm on bench has been stagnant for about 2 months now. I train it between 1-4 reps, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I train stabilizer muscles too.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. I started doing weighted dips last work for chest; maybe that'll help? Should I just increase my protein intake?

Thanks

DoUgL@S
03-12-2005, 10:34 PM
if you train in that rep range the assumption is that you do 80+% of you one rep max. You should never train that heavy for more than 3 wks or so on the same movement. Your CNS might be fried, take a break, if that is not feasable change your rep range or your exercise for chest. i.e. if you do barbell bench, try inc of dbs instead. Also, take the time to read up about training. The search function is your friend.

Mission
03-12-2005, 11:06 PM
What rep range should I use then for the next few weeks?

debussy
03-13-2005, 12:16 AM
need much more information than that. where are you failing ? whats your routine look like? stop wasting time with "chest" exercises if you want a big bench. work your back and triceps. you could probably stand to work on your form too.

aormz
03-13-2005, 06:17 AM
i usually fluxate from 15 - 8 - 3 reps for 6 weeks, then do a 6 week program of 5 reps and below, then do a 6 week conversion to muscle endurance (8-15 reps) and cycle with a few body building ruetines (sp) like hatfield and schwartz

Mission
03-13-2005, 04:10 PM
whats your routine look like? stop wasting time with "chest" exercises if you want a big bench.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=60054