PDA

View Full Version : Im trying to cut fat, but build muscle, any ideas?

shaundb1
03-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi all. Im new to this site, so nothing too harsh please..lol Im about 6'5" and about 195 lbs. (Ya, I know Pretty small) Any ideas on how I could burn a little fat without losing strength?? Thanks alot!

getfit
03-13-2005, 09:44 AM
how does your diet look like? do you do any sort of cardio?

shaundb1
03-13-2005, 09:51 AM
how does your diet look like? do you do any sort of cardio?

My diet isnt bad, although it is not great, but i am trying to improve it. Im taking a protein powder. I play basketball about 60 min a day. I lift 3days a week, and am on a jumping program 4 days a week.

Canadian Crippler
03-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Post your diet.

shaundb1
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Post your diet.

Breakfast: 1 bowl of cereal+1% Milk

Lunch: Caffeteria food, (Nasty Crap)

After School: 2 scoops of 100% Whey Protein Shake in 1% milk

Supper: Whatever I can find. Usually burgers or something.

***Snacks*** Maybe throw a snack or so in here or there

smalls
03-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I would die on that diet, die of malnutrition. JK bro, but seriously if you want to make progress in the gym and with your physique your going to have to clean that thing up and add alot of protein and clean carbs.

smalls
03-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Sorry I just noticed your goal is to lose fat. I would suggest increasing protein to about 1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight and get clean carb sources around your workout. Add some healthy fats and fiber as well. Calories will be the key to your goals. What does your current routine look like?

JTyrell710
03-13-2005, 08:13 PM
smalls no offense but did besides the thing about fats and fiber, didnt you just completely repeat yourself?? maybe i'm crazy. shaun you think you good be a little more specific with your diet. (specify WHICH nasty crap you're eating) :)

shaundb1
03-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies everybody, but I have one more question. When you say calories will be the main part of the diet, what did you mean? Do you mean that I need to cut back on total calories to lose about 10lb of fat, or did you mean I should eat the same ammount, just healthier?.

muscle chic
03-14-2005, 07:30 PM
By the looks of your diet, that's the problem!! Pack your lunch ( maybe turkey on wheat with some nuts and some fruit) Dinner should include green vegetables (peas, greenbeans) protein (turkey,chicken,fish)and maybe some brown rice or sweet potatoes, yams ect.