PDA

View Full Version : My Theory

spanky33
03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
What's up everyone.
I have a theory, I want you guys to tell me if it makes sense, or if it's garbage.
I figure when you work out, you burn a certain number of calories. In order to gain muscle, you need to eat extra calories. Let's say someone burns 3000 calories in a day (work out and all activities included). Now let's say that person needs about 500 calories to repair and build muscles. That makes a total of 3500 calories (of course it fluctuates from day to day). Now let's say that person eats 3300 calories everyday. That person would grow bigger. And there would be no fat added to the body, cuz there really are no extra calories (deficit is always guaranteed).
Of course, the only drawback is that muscle growth isn't maximal, because you're still not feeding the body everything it needs to grow at 100%, but I think this way, there will be no fat storage.
Does this make sense?
Let me know what you think.

Vido
03-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Pretty much. I'd say it's not quite that simple, but for all intents and purposes you're right. You've basically just described what you'd do for a "slow" bulk.

Personally, I think you're just jeopardizing too much potential muscle gain by pussyfooting around with the calories, but some people like to remain really lean all year. To each his own.

Built
03-14-2005, 04:19 PM
A lot of women prefer to train like this too, because it's easier on our souls to avoid getting fat during a "real" bulk.

Easier on the wardrobe, too.

But I absolutely agree with Vido here - it's sub-optimal. Just depends on what your short and long-term goals are.

(edited because I can't SPEEEL...)

Vido
03-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Vito

Vido :)

Built
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Fixed.

:)

Holto
03-14-2005, 04:52 PM
carefull Built you might get Veto'd...

Built
03-14-2005, 05:06 PM
The question is whether or not he'd survive the experience.

:D