PDA

View Full Version : squats= messed up spine???

latinomasfino
03-14-2005, 06:07 PM
today i was doing squats like normally doing 365lbs with free weights and going all the way up to 415 reppin 6 times and this guy came up to me warning me to stop squating beacue it can fukc up ur spine he said he was 6 2 and now hes 6 and that his doctor had told him many bodybuilders go thru that caue the spine gets compressed...is this tru??? im think he might have been doing bad form :scratch:

SW
03-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Could very well be true. Wish I cared. I wouldn't call getting a couple inches shorter after many years of lifting "****ing up your back" though. Think of the incredible strength you'd have gained.

Or it could be just a pencilneck myth. I don't really know.

latinomasfino
03-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Could very well be true. Wish I cared. I wouldn't call getting a couple inches shorter after many years of lifting "****ing up your back" though. Think of the incredible strength you'd have gained.

Or it could be just a pencilneck myth. I don't really know.

yea man i mean hes 6 2 and now hes 6ft thast still good man and he is 38 now he said hes been wrokin out since 20 so i mean i think age does tha too u plus he dindt look like he was in shape ive seen 45 year olds at my gym with better bodies than me and they look fine plus at age 38 lol wtf y shoudl we care if we are 2 inches shortter we should be marreid and with kids LOl

Patz
03-14-2005, 10:22 PM
yea man i mean hes 6 2 and now hes 6ft thast still good man and he is 38 now he said hes been wrokin out since 20 so i mean i think age does tha too u plus he dindt look like he was in shape ive seen 45 year olds at my gym with better bodies than me and they look fine plus at age 38 lol wtf y shoudl we care if we are 2 inches shortter we should be marreid and with kids LOl

No offense, but I amaze myself that I could decipher all of that with no punctuation..lol

latinomasfino
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
No offense, but I amaze myself that I could decipher all of that with no punctuation..lol

haha people online know me that i just write lol i ddont care about grammer LOL :thumbup:

Max-Mex
03-15-2005, 10:23 AM
today i was doing squats like normally doing 365lbs with free weights and going all the way up to 415 reppin 6 times and this guy came up to me warning me to stop squating beacue it can fukc up ur spine he said he was 6 2 and now hes 6 and that his doctor had told him many bodybuilders go thru that caue the spine gets compressed...is this tru??? im think he might have been doing bad form :scratch:

As long as you don't over do it, or try something stupid, then you'll be fine. Good form is god (IMO).

BTW, those better be parallel or ATF squats, otherwise we're gonna have to bitchslap you with a wet trout.

latinomasfino
03-15-2005, 04:48 PM
As long as you don't over do it, or try something stupid, then you'll be fine. Good form is god (IMO).

BTW, those better be parallel or ATF squats, otherwise we're gonna have to bitchslap you with a wet trout.

wut u mean parallel and AFT squats ???

monotone
03-15-2005, 05:21 PM
wut u mean parallel and AFT squats ???

HaHa, that reply isnt a good sign

SW
03-15-2005, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Max-Mex] Good form is god (IMO).QUOTE]

x2

Hatred
03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Parallel is Quads (the upper half of the leg) parallel to the floor.

ATF is ASS to feet..(not literally,but as low as your legs can go before they are stopped by your calves)

A 4" range of motion does not count.

latinomasfino
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Parallel is Quads (the upper half of the leg) parallel to the floor.

ATF is ASS to feet..(not literally,but as low as your legs can go before they are stopped by your calves)

A 4" range of motion does not count.

ok umm ATF i dont do like all teh way down to my calves i think thast too much man but yes parallel to quads i do meaing when u bend ur quads are str8 like not at an angle but str8 like a line right?

Isaac Wilkins
03-15-2005, 07:34 PM
ok umm ATF i dont do like all teh way down to my calves i think thast too much man but yes parallel to quads i do meaing when u bend ur quads are str8 like not at an angle but str8 like a line right?

Parallel is when the crease of your hip is even with the top of your knee.

latinomasfino
03-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Parallel is when the crease of your hip is even with the top of your knee.

oh ok yea then im donig those ;then i cant go all teh way down cause im tall inio doent feeel right

TTT
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
You should try it with lower weights, I'm fairly tall as well and I think I've gotten the best gains from doing pretty much all ATF squats. I guess if what you're doing is working though, then it doesn't matter.

latinomasfino
03-15-2005, 11:56 PM
You should try it with lower weights, I'm fairly tall as well and I think I've gotten the best gains from doing pretty much all ATF squats. I guess if what you're doing is working though, then it doesn't matter.

yea i mean umm wut will ATF squats improve on my legs ?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/latinomasfino/bulk/IMG_3323.jpg

do i lack anything?

ryuage
03-15-2005, 11:59 PM
wow that is some impressive squats if you are indeed going parallel.

Mad Max
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Being 6'4", my height is something I am in fact proud of, so this worries me, I don't wanna' shrink, but I do wanna' squat more. I'll have to sacrifice one or the other it would appear. :(

Canadian Crippler
03-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Uhh, no. Squat's wont shrink you. Just do them properly.

body
03-16-2005, 03:49 PM
even squats with bad form will not make you shrink!!

ask your friend do heavy deadlifts make your arms longer?