PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Your First Cut"

IZich
03-15-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been reading the article by Patrick D about cutting, and he mentioned this about your routine:
"I suggest a training volume of 8-10 sets per body part per week. There is no need to work muscles twice a week. Again, your goal here is just stimulating your existing lean body mass, not growing any new muscle. You should still be lifting heavy, and close to muscle failure. "
So if i am to lift close to muscle failure, would that not be stimulating new muscle growth, instead of just stimulating the muscle w/o growing it?
And also, by 8-10 sets per body part, does he mean sets of 6-8 reps, close to muscle failure, or more lenient, 10-12 reps?

I dont ask you guys to read his mind, but just to input your own .02 about this. Thanks!

Vido
03-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I think his point is that you just don't want to lose strength during a cut. The more strength you lose, the more muscle mass you WILL lose. Hitting a muscle once/week is good enough to keep strength levels stable.

As for reps, do the same as you were doing while bulking. Diet changes on a cut, your training shouldn't.

IZich
03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
gotcha, thanks!

btw, love the quote in your sig, its become my mantra i tell my buddies :P