PDA

View Full Version : Going to start lifting, should my diet change?

ironworker
03-15-2005, 05:26 PM
I have for the most part taken everyone's advice and my diet is on a steady roll to reaching my goal but because of an injury I havent been lifting.
This is all about to change, I believe I can start lifting on Monday and after everything I have read it seems my low calorie diet may not be the best idea.

I guess my question is do I continue with my current diet or do I eat things like the "what a Body Builder eats" thread says?

I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like I will be able to lose weight eating the types of things in that thread.

as always any advice is greatly appreciated

Built
03-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I started losing fat with low carb, and I wouldn't have thought a bb diet would work for me, but it does.

As long as your cals are in line, you'll be fine. The trick is hunger management - I can't make very low fat work. You'll have to find your balance. For me, anything lower than about 35% of cals from fat and I'm starving if I eat higher carbs. Others are fine as long as their proteins are high enough.

IZich
03-15-2005, 05:34 PM
use fitday.com to track your caloric intake as well as your p/f/c levels. To lose weight, you will still need to have your healthy levels of protein, especially, which will be around 1-1.5g proten/ lb you weigh. Also, do a search on "cut" and you'll find a goldmine of information.