PDA

View Full Version : How much whey.

Antonious
03-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm using Protein Maximum (southern pharmaceuticals?) It's 22 grams of protein, serving sizes are 1 scoop(30-35g) - about 30 servings per container.. How many scoops should I be taking on a training day/non training day if I want to conserve this stuff and have it last a bit longer? - usually take it with milk after a workout.

IRN-BRU
03-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Take one scoop immediately after work outs. Buy cheaper whey if you can, fancy brands dont really make that much difference.

For more info use the search or look through the articles or google to find out why you take protein, how much you should get per day, and so on.

Antonious
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Take one scoop immediately after work outs. Buy cheaper whey if you can, fancy brands dont really make that much difference.

For more info use the search or look through the articles or google to find out why you take protein, how much you should get per day, and so on.

Thanks for the reply.. Okay, so one scoop per day after my workouts with milk sounds good, after that would it be a good idea to have cottage cheese or something else high in protein?

Forgot to mention i'm about 5-7 - 145 pounds, weight probably matters in determing how much I need to take daily.

fixationdarknes
03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.. Okay, so one scoop per day after my workouts with milk sounds good, after that would it be a good idea to have cottage cheese or something else high in protein?

Forgot to mention i'm about 5-7 - 145 pounds, weight probably matters in determing how much I need to take daily.

Most people eat cottage cheese at night because it produces moderate but prolonged hyperaminoacidemia (will help prevent protein breakdown while sleeping at night).

And yeah, eat lots of protein to keep your protein synthesis (and other such) levels up.

Btw, most people will say to try for 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight. so, shoot for at least 150 grams of protein daily.

smalls
03-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I would suggest at least 2 scoops post workout, with quick digesting carbs, why scimp.

Built
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
:withstupi

If in doubt, go over on the protein.

fixationdarknes
03-15-2005, 06:53 PM
I would suggest at least 2 scoops post workout, with quick digesting carbs, why scimp.

I take 1 scoop post-workout...should I up it to 2 scoops?...and what is a good source of quick-digesting carbs?

Btw, I'm 15 y/o, 5'6", 150 lbs (15% BF).

smalls
03-15-2005, 07:06 PM
:withstupi

If in doubt, go over on the protein.

She speaks the truth.

Fixed-Yes I personally would suggest getting two scoops in. You can get dextrose or malto and/or a combo of both. There are quite a few threads on it in the diet section. They should help you out.

Patz
03-15-2005, 08:15 PM
If you're worried about making it last, then divide up your daily protein equally into your daily meals (which you should do anyway). If you can get all you need out of the meals for the most part, then use the whey after the workout since it is quick-digesting. At your size, you may only need one scoop, but two is probably better. If you were 20g per meal (shake included as a meal), then you'd have to be at 8 meals a day to have just one scoop at-a-time.

Patz
03-15-2005, 08:15 PM
wal-mart sells two different brands with 30 servings..one is about 11.50, the other (EAS) is like 13.

-sin-
03-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Costco sells 6lbs, 90 servings for $20. Thats where I get mine.

Max-Mex
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
En botella whey!

Doobs
03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
I take 1 scoop post-workout...should I up it to 2 scoops?...and what is a good source of quick-digesting carbs?

Btw, I'm 15 y/o, 5'6", 150 lbs (15% BF).
Go by the grams of protein, carbs, and calories, not # of scoops. Some scoops are huge and some are tiny.

fixationdarknes
03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Costco sells 6lbs, 90 servings for $20. Thats where I get mine.

That's a good price!

Go by the grams of protein, carbs, and calories, not # of scoops. Some scoops are huge and some are tiny.

Each scoop of my whey = 20 g protein, 4.5 g carb, so I plan on using dextrose for the carb part of the shake.