PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post Workout Snacks While Dieting

y2klifter
03-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Hello,

I am currently on a diet...eat abou 2100 calories per day. I'm 160lbs....I'm basically lean but can quickly gain weight. Just the way I am. So I'm eating light and clean...

My bench pressed has dropped about 40 pounds from when I ate what I wanted and weighed about 195.....

I feel weak during workouts..both weights and cardio.

What's an ideal pre/post workout snack and when? I do most of my workouts after work about 5PM. I don't expect to gain muscle eating so light, but I don't want to totally loose all my muscle.

TIA.

Built
03-16-2005, 09:09 AM
What are your macros like now?

How long before lifting do you eat, and how quickly after do you eat? And WHAT are these meals composed of?

BigDanStud
03-16-2005, 11:44 AM
An Ideal Pre- Workout snack would consist of Cream of Rice Cereal in milk with a tablespoon of honey in it, along with a protein shake on the side. This will give you energy but also allow you to burn your fat, and the protein will help you keep/gain muscle. You can also eat a banana if you wish or an apple. Postwork out take a protein shake immediately after your last set then wait a half our and you will be ready to consume a normal meal. I.E. Chicken breast, steak, etc. Hope this helps, it works for me!

Big Dan

Built
03-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Why the honey/apple/banana, BigDanStud? (not disagreeing, just curious why honey and not some other form of sugar)

_8_Ball
03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Hello,

I am currently on a diet...eat abou 2100 calories per day. I'm 160lbs....I'm basically lean but can quickly gain weight. Just the way I am. So I'm eating light and clean...

My bench pressed has dropped about 40 pounds from when I ate what I wanted and weighed about 195.....

I feel weak during workouts..both weights and cardio.

What's an ideal pre/post workout snack and when? I do most of my workouts after work about 5PM. I don't expect to gain muscle eating so light, but I don't want to totally loose all my muscle.

TIA.

Snacks could include sugar free jello... (like 5 cals per box or something... ) mabye some homemade crystal light popsicles...

Even a small bag of light popcorn.. ( not the best... but great for the mental aspect of dieting... )

_8_Ball
03-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Humm I just re-read you post.. why title it "Workout snacks needed for guy on Diet." when your asking PWO shake questions.... ;-)

My previous post is still valid however... hehe...

Built
03-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Popcorn makes me hungry. :(

IZich
03-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Popcorn makes me hungry. :(
:lurk:

Built
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
You're just hateful.

y2klifter
03-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks for responses..

Pre-Workout Snack: How long before routine? Whether it be solid foods or liquids (protien shake).

Thanks.

Joe Usher
03-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks for responses..

Pre-Workout Snack: How long before routine? Whether it be solid foods or liquids (protien shake).

Thanks.

I remember reading that a pre-workout snack should be eaten 30-90 minutes before exercising.