PDA

View Full Version : My Diet and goal..

Thunderwulf
03-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Diet:

6am: Egg omelet, 1 cup lf cot cheese, 1 green apple.
10am: EAS protein bar
12pm: 1 cup brown rice, 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup red kidney beans
2pm: EAS protein bar
6pm: Same meal as lunch
9pm: Protein shake.

Approx Breakdown..

Calories: 2000
Carb: 146
Protein: 230
Fat: 82g (16g Sat)

Workout:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, : 45 min Cardio @ 5am.
Sat: Heavy upper body + 45 min cardio
Sunday: Heavly lower body + 45 min cardio

Goal:

Obviously my main goal is to loose weight. Im trying to loose another 30 lbs in 3 months. (I've lost 70 over the last 9 months)

Questions:

1. I've noticed my losses have slowed a bit. Any suggestons on how to pick it up? Im averaging 1lb a week lately.

2. Should I be adding a thermogenic? Could that get me over that hump?

3. Would you recommend any changes to my diet or workout?

galileo
03-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Have you introduced any type of refeed into your diet? If not, it may be time to look into it.

Thunderwulf
03-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Have you introduced any type of refeed into your diet? If not, it may be time to look into it.

Actually, I have. Sort of a mild one though.

Ill have pizza/wings and some ice cream for dessert every other sunday. I don't spend the whole day eating whatever I want though. More like one meal.

Is that not often enough?

galileo
03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
That's not a refeed, that's a cheat meal.

A refeed would consist of higher GI carbs, low fat (15-20%), and your typical 1g/lb of protein.

Pizza, wings, and ice cream are contrary to that notion entirely.

You can search around the forum for more info on refeeds, carb-ups, etc. To get you started, I generally pick a saturday and try to get 400-500g of carbs, including some of the following :

bagels, pasta, baked tortilla chips, dextrose/maltodextrin beverages, and breads.

In limited amounts, I treat myself to things like:

fat-free ice cream sandwiches, low-fat twinkies/cupcakes, fat-free cream cheeses (cream, cheddar, etc.)

Thunderwulf
03-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info. Ill look into it some more.

How often should I do it?

galileo
03-16-2005, 10:31 AM
The leaner you are, the more often you should. Off the top of my head, I'd say if you're over 20%, not very often. If you're 10-20%, once a week should be fine. Sub 10%, 3-5 days, depending on how easily you're losing fat.

It's somewhat dependent on how your body reacts to carbs. I've found with refeeding, over a period of time I can lose a decent amount of fat without losing much weight. My body takes very well (too well) to carbs, however.

Geeper
03-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't know about the EAS stuff but most protein bars are full of sugars and salts, good fot the protein content but high on the cals when you could down something healthier.

Just checked on their site and the second ingedient is sugar as is the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and so on.... and that was on the light bars! Try tuna, or protein shakes are much healthier.