PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if I ate like a regular person??

Jilla82
03-16-2005, 11:31 AM
and lifted weights and did cardio?? Knowing myself, im not going to be able to stick to some strict workout diet, i can eat well, but not do the a million grams of carbs thing.

I dont really care about being huge, just a nice size

Would i be able to gain a little size if i just eat balanced meals??

smalls
03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Depends on your genetics, basal metabolic rate, etc. But I'll tell you what happened to me when I did just what your suggesting. Not a damn thing. For most people it just doesnt work that way.

BigDanStud
03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Better count that protein and be aware of those carbs, you must manipulate them to grow!! At least one gram of protein per bodyweight. It's not that hard to follow a diet, but you have to want to truly obtain your goal to follow it. It's much more than just moving weight.

Big Dan

_8_Ball
03-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Ask Belial... (our resident Ronnie Coleman type genetic freak) about his diet...

That's why most poeple here hAet him... :)

IrideVolks
03-16-2005, 01:12 PM
But I'll tell you what happened to me when I did just what your suggesting. Not a damn thing. For most people it just doesnt work that way.

thats what happend to me...My size didnt change up really much at all. Just cut up a TAD bit more but wasnt worth my time. So I quit that ****. Not good

Built
03-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I jogged my way up to 170 lbs on my regular-person/low-fat diet.

Bleah.

thajeepster
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I know alot of guys that have no idea on what nutrition is or how to feed their bodies. They have no pwo shakes no pre workout meals... etc. Even drink beer and eat fast foods. And some of these guys are actually in great shape, big and ripped, In some ways its just genetics, but I know that our way is definitely safer, and more so gauranteed to get results, that is if you stick to it religiously. And when I say "our way" I dont mean mine or someone elses, but just in general. I say experiment with what works for you, once you find what your looking for, stick with it.

Sorry about my little rant, hope it somewhat answers your question.

RaginT
03-16-2005, 04:32 PM
My 2 cents
I just got back from spring break and while i did less drinking than i had expected i ate like a regular person, cheese burgers pizza. Only 3 meals a day and some protien shakes every now and then, but nothing like my regular diet. End resuly i lost 10lbs, i also did not work out as normal that week, only push up pull up workouts.

But will depend on ur genetics as was said.

Built
03-16-2005, 04:35 PM
It also depends on your age, kids! <she sniffed, wistfully...>

Wait until you hit your thirties. Then, when you hit your forties, you'll be dreaming of when you were young, in your thirties...

<sigh!>

;)

Dirt
03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Depends on your genetics, basal metabolic rate, etc.

:withstupi

My training partner and I are similar sizes. I don't religiously count calories, I sometimes make crude estimates and have an overall idea of where im at and need to be, but that's it. On the other hand he meticulously plans out all his meals and counts every calorie. I eat a diet similar to that of a "normal person" except in larger amounts, whereas he eats insanely clean. After all of this, I have the lower body fat %. Sometimes life ain't fair.

thajeepster
03-16-2005, 05:37 PM
My 2 cents
I just got back from spring break and while i did less drinking than i had expected i ate like a regular person, cheese burgers pizza. Only 3 meals a day and some protien shakes every now and then, but nothing like my regular diet. End resuly i lost 10lbs, i also did not work out as normal that week, only push up pull up workouts.

But will depend on ur genetics as was said.

You sure you didnt lose alot of muscle mass as well?