PDA

View Full Version : Multi Vitamins- pre/post workout meals

jtrap3
03-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I ahve a few questions that I thought were appopriate for this section here. I have recently had post in two others sections and have received some good feedback. My questions are as follows:
1. Multi Vitamins- I have been lifting very hard and have been wearing myself out recently. I currently take the GNC multi vitamin twice a day-is this enough? What vitamins and/or minerals shoudl I take extras of since I am grinding my body with heavy lifting, full time school, and full time work.
2.I currently lift around 9pm at night after beign at work from 9-6. What is a good pre workout meal and what is a good post workkout meal? I currently take a protein shake before and after lifting.
Thanks for all your help and opinions.

[[[----]]]
03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
1. I think a multi-vitamin is enough.
2.That sounds good just make sure to have a good amount of carbs in the shake to give you kind of a jumpstart preworkout.

EdgarMex
03-16-2005, 03:36 PM
1.- The mulit vit is most likely enough
2.- When I was working out at night I would have a full meal (usually chicken breast and brown rice) about 1-1.5 hours before my workout and then another full meal post workout. You could also have a shake preworkout (about half hour or less) and then have a full meal post-workout/before bed

CarlP
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
To reiterate: A multivitamin is probably enough. I also work out at night after class, so I drink 12-16oz of a protein shake about an hour before my workout. I feel horrible if I lift heavy on an empty stomach. Then as soon as I get home I have a decent meal with some gatorade. Then a PB sandwich with milk or protein shake before bed.

jtrap3
03-17-2005, 11:47 AM
thnaks for the insights guys- i have seen that many people in previosu posts have lsited peanut butter sandwhiches as a good snack.....why si that? how much protein should I expect from one sandwhich>

EdgarMex
03-17-2005, 11:48 AM
People here eat natural peanut butter for it's high content of goiod fats, not for protein. A peanut butter sandwich would be basically carbs and fats with minimal protein.

CarlP
03-17-2005, 07:31 PM
I really don't eat it for the fats. I know it has good fats, but all those calories from the fats are the reason I eat PB. And it tastes damn good too.

Double D
03-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I really don't eat it for the fats. I know it has good fats, but all those calories from the fats are the reason I eat PB. And it tastes damn good too.

I agree it tastes great. And as with most high fat foods its also high cal as fat is high cal.