PDA

View Full Version : Today I made a horrible mistake...

GMCtrk
03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I was so hungry this afternoon and I had this boiled egg in my backpack, but I had forgot how old it was. Well I ate it, but later realized it was in there since Monday (2.5 days). Am I going to get pretty sick? :(

Holto
03-16-2005, 08:44 PM
I *think* you would know by now...

good luck

Dirt
03-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I was so hungry this afternoon and I had this boiled egg in my backpack, but I had forgot how old it was. Well I ate it, but later realized it was in there since Monday (2.5 days). Am I going to get pretty sick? :(

Possibly, but you probably won't be able to tell until sometime tomorrow.

Manveet
03-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I doubt it.

I've eaten cottage cheese that was over a week past it's due date, and I was perfectly fine. I don't suggest doing such things, but I won't fret about it.

GMCtrk
03-16-2005, 09:12 PM
I doubt it.

I've eaten cottage cheese that was over a week past it's due date, and I was perfectly fine. I don't suggest doing such things, but I won't fret about it.

This has nothing to do with Due dates, and due dates on dairy is pretty worthless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with milk, yogurt, etc that is 10 days past its "Expiration date"

My situation is about an egg that was not refriderated for about 3 days meaning there is probably tons of bacteria on it...and I ate it. What a fool :soapbox:

Jabberwocky
03-16-2005, 09:17 PM
You should've made yourself puke it up.

Maki Riddington
03-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Best of luck.

spencerjrus
03-16-2005, 09:28 PM
You should've made yourself puke it up.

I'm in love with the quote in your sig.

Jabberwocky
03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Rock is a series of the greatest quotes of our time.

IZich
03-17-2005, 12:46 AM
lol

Miss Rezza
03-17-2005, 05:02 AM
Dude, you're gonna make yourself sick just by stressing about it so much.

I'd say you'd know by now if you were in trouble.

Vitalize
03-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Surley you would have realized how "BAD" it was after you put the thing in your mouth....no?

mikren
03-17-2005, 08:36 AM
exactly. you wouldn't have been able to eat it if it were "bad"

Jabberwocky
03-17-2005, 09:19 AM
boiled eggs don't exactly smell or taste great.

Vapour Trails
03-17-2005, 09:26 AM
If the egg was boiled and the shell intact, the contents should be sterile.

Stackattack
03-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Rock is a series of the greatest quotes of our time.
This comment is indeed accurate.

Griffin98
03-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Boiled eggs don't smell the greatest when they're fresh but a rotten egg has got to smell pretty bad. If the shell looked fine and you didn't vomit within 5 minutes of ingesting it, I wouldn't worry.

GMCtrk
03-19-2005, 09:04 PM
well guys turned out I was okay.

But, I think I got lucky. You see, I had the eggs in a sealed plastic bag. When I took the bag out of my backpack, the bag looked like it had been sealed by a vacuum. If you ever see a can with a dent in it, don't eat it's contents (botulism). The bacteria use up all the oxygen. Looking back, I think this is why my bag was like this. Well I've learned my lesson, and I wont do that agin

JamesBOMB
03-19-2005, 09:29 PM
i had bad shrimp few months ago. un thawed it (pre cooked) and ate about 100 peices of it. the next morning omfg i was barfing like 100times a hr and after the first 10times nothing was comming out, so i drank coke and water to get something in there So i coul djust throw it up (felt better than not having nothing coming up) At night I was convinced that if i didnt breath real fast I was gonna die. 2 days later i was better, and had more shrimp :clap: . musta been a bad bag!

JSully
03-19-2005, 10:11 PM
well guys turned out I was okay.

But, I think I got lucky. You see, I had the eggs in a sealed plastic bag. When I took the bag out of my backpack, the bag looked like it had been sealed by a vacuum. If you ever see a can with a dent in it, don't eat it's contents (botulism). The bacteria use up all the oxygen. Looking back, I think this is why my bag was like this. Well I've learned my lesson, and I wont do that agin

wtf! You can't go through life worrying about every little can having a dent in it.

What about the dumbasses that just drop cans and cause dents?

If everyone though this there'd be a landfill full of canned goods and nobody would be starving in africa or wherever else they're starving.

GMCtrk
03-19-2005, 10:48 PM
wtf! You can't go through life worrying about every little can having a dent in it.

What about the dumbasses that just drop cans and cause dents?

If everyone though this there'd be a landfill full of canned goods and nobody would be starving in africa or wherever else they're starving.

Like I said, if you see a can with a dent in it, don't buy it. It could be infected with clostridium botulinum. Nothing to mess around with.

JamesBOMB
03-19-2005, 10:53 PM
whats wrong with dents in cans? thats as good to me as a un dented one. plus at some stores they are like 50% off!

GMCtrk
03-19-2005, 10:58 PM
christ, I'm not saying every dented can is bad. But, it's just something to know about.

JSully
03-19-2005, 11:01 PM
christ, I'm not saying every dented can is bad. But, it's just something to know about.but you ARE saying not to buy any dented cans......

thats as good to me as a un dented one. plus at some stores they are like 50% off!
:withstupi

oh.. and don't argue with me bitch. I'll own you like dougie howser! ....uh... or something like that