PDA

View Full Version : Fat-Free Cheese

heathj
03-16-2005, 10:11 PM
I've been looking for some fat-free cheddar cheese lately. I've seen the shredded kind from kraft, but it's almost $4 for 8 oz. Just a ripoff if you ask me. I have not yet to see a block of ff cheese. I've checked grocery stores and whatnot. Do you get it somewhere special? Anyone have any experience with this?

thajeepster
03-16-2005, 10:29 PM
kraft also makes a cheddar cheese slices that are fat free, swiss also, personally im a fan of pepper jack, its only 2% skim milk about 60 cals a slice.

Vampiro
03-16-2005, 11:12 PM
whole foods has an 8oz ff mozerella for 3 bucks ..thats the going price, ff cheese cost more then full fat

Hydrogenated
03-16-2005, 11:45 PM
you can find reduced fat a lot easier. Saturated fats are nothing to be scared of, in fact they are essential in moderation.

galileo
03-17-2005, 05:36 AM
I use the fat-free cheddar and mozzarella. I guess I don't really look at the price, but it makes life a lot more enjoyable on a refeed.

I go to Subway, get a footlong wheat with just chicken strips, lettuce, and southwest sauce then sprinkle both types of fat-free cheese on it and melt. Mmmmm...sublime.

ryuage
03-17-2005, 05:39 AM
dang that is expensive, the most Ive seen it here was like 2.70 or so.... but on post for some reason they lowered the price to 1.75 so I grab a bunch of em :) like 45 calories per 1/4 cup w/ 9 grams of protein.... i love to put cheese and a bunch of stuff just for variety and some extra protein.

AzBboy
03-18-2005, 09:35 PM
my advice to you is to go to an organic food store, youll find almost ANYTHING fat free

heathj
03-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Hmm good idea. I really never venture into those organic food stores. especially up here, so many hippies. but it's not like i'm afraid of them :hide:

Thanks for the ideas. I have seem feta fat free cheese and the such in wide variety though, but feta = puke.

JSully
03-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I just get the Kraft Fat Free Cheddar slices. 10g protein, 4g carbs, 0 fat in two slices. Unfortunately they're 3.99 /pack. Oh well, they make everything taste better. I take in a max of 4 slices per day, to put on either my chicken or my turkey burgers.

MMmmmmmmm :drooling: