PDA

View Full Version : recommend wrist wraps

ryuage
03-17-2005, 06:02 AM
does anyone recommend any particular kind of wrist wraps... was looking at prowriststraps.com anyone have any feedback on them?

Geeper
03-17-2005, 06:28 AM
They all seem to be pretty much the same to me, I just get what's cheap, but I know a few people that swear by versa grips,(http://www.versagripps.com/) but I don't now how they would be with serious weights and they are more expensive. The prowriststraps seem cheap (8 for $19? or something like that) and I'm sure they would be as good as anything you'd find in a local store.

Joe Black
03-18-2005, 07:28 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=120 - help ya?

ryuage
03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
i dont want "straps" I want wraps :)

Lil Mendy
03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
i dont want "straps" I want wraps :)

INZER ADVANCE DESIGNS!!!! GREAT DURABLE WRAPS WITH SOLID SUPPORT!

chris mason
03-18-2005, 11:23 AM
The owner of APT is a good guy who makes QUALITY stuff. Buy from him and you will not be disappointed.

Anthony
03-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Hands down, the best wraps I've ever used are from Inzer.

Max-Mex
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I use whatever I can find, usually at our local sports store. About $8-10. However, they don't last that long. I'd say try the Inzers, they seem to be the most reliable from what I've read.

ElPietro
03-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I think any wraps from a powerlifting manufacturer will be roughly the same. For the wrist it's not as big a deal in my opinion, it's not doing much other than stabilization, versus something like knee wraps that will move quite a bit more and build up tension through a squat.

I have inzer, and they are great. Only used em a few times, but they really keep things tight. I'd expect the same were I using something from Titan or Metal as well.

emjlr3
03-18-2005, 02:04 PM
id reccomend the cheapest u can find, atleast that is what i would buy

ElPietro
03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Considering straps of any kind aren't expensive, I wouldn't worry too much about price. A set of Inzer's might cost $10-15 more, but will probably outlast 3 sets of ordinary run of the mill wraps.

Consider that these straps are designed for powerlifters that are 200-300 lbs, lifting anywhere from 300-1000 lbs, and I think they'd meet your needs Steve.

Mike99
03-19-2005, 02:23 PM
How exaclty do wrist wraps help ya? I got a badly injured wrist, is it possible they would help me in any way.

SpecialK
03-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I also recommend the Inzer iron wrist wraps. I hurt my wrist last summer and was unable to do rows, chins, or curls because moving my wrist at certain angles hurt it pretty bad, and it was impossible to avoid moving it at those angles while lifting. However once I used the wraps they kept my wrist from moving at all and I was able to train through the injury.

Mike99
03-19-2005, 04:41 PM
I also recommend the Inzer iron wrist wraps. I hurt my wrist last summer and was unable to do rows, chins, or curls because moving my wrist at certain angles hurt it pretty bad, and it was impossible to avoid moving it at those angles while lifting. However once I used the wraps they kept my wrist from moving at all and I was able to train through the injury.

That is exactly my problem, there are certain exercises such as bench press, and pretty much all forearm exercises that I struggle with enormously. Are you saying that by purchasing wrist wraps, I should be able to perform these exercises with out a struggle. My range of motion is my biggest problem, very badly injured wrist...2 surgeries and 1 1/2 yrs of physio and It is still fu****...

Max-Mex
03-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Wrist wraps help stabilize your wrists. That's it. I started using them a while back when I started doing squats. I had an issue with my wrists giving out and really hurting afterward. My wrists weren't strong enough to hold the weight up for the period of time I was doing. The wraps really helped and now I can hold up quite a bit of weight w/o worrying about my wrists giving out. I use them all the time now. I think the wraps have helped me quite a bit.

Mike99
03-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Wrist wraps help stabilize your wrists. That's it. I started using them a while back when I started doing squats. I had an issue with my wrists giving out and really hurting afterward. My wrists weren't strong enough to hold the weight up for the period of time I was doing. The wraps really helped and now I can hold up quite a bit of weight w/o worrying about my wrists giving out. I use them all the time now. I think the wraps have helped me quite a bit.

Any particular brand you would recommend?

Max-Mex
03-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Uhm, Inzer I guess. I get my wraps at the local sports store. Everlast is what I'm using right now. They seem ok. I give them another month before the velcro becomes useless.

ryuage
03-20-2005, 06:16 AM
well ordered me the apt wristwraps and a new dipping belt so ill tell you how these hold, even found me a coupon code for 20% off :)