PDA

View Full Version : How many days a week for cardio?

IGF-1
11-28-2001, 05:18 PM
im trying to revise everything and start all over, so im gunna cut again, how many days a week can you do cardio without over doing it?

KenShamrock
11-28-2001, 05:41 PM
It all depends on what you want,,,if you want bulk, little cardio as possible,,,but still do cardio twice a week,

But most people will say maybe twice a week, for me its every day, i do medium intensity for 30minutes everyday. And i have a ripped look.

YatesNightBlade
11-29-2001, 02:23 AM
Start with 30mins 3 times a week, then increase after say 4-5 weeks.

syntekz
11-29-2001, 06:44 AM
Damn, I can't handle cardio at all.

I'm going to start doing 20 minutes of jumping rope, awesome cardio exercise, a couple times a week.

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-29-2001, 08:00 AM
I'd say don;t do cardio until you're at least 3 weeks into the diet. This way you can be sure that it is the diet that is affecting you and also lets you know how the diet affects you with no other major factors involved.

once you start up then you may wish to begin with 20-30 minutes twice a week to see what your cardiovascular conditioning is like, and as soon as you think you're ready, go for 3 days a week for 30 minutes a piece - alternatively you could try the HIIT for about 15 minutes 3 times a week. check this thread out for info:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=5975

YatesNightBlade
11-29-2001, 08:12 AM
how you progressing with that rob ???

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-29-2001, 08:16 AM
I've only done it properly once so far - last saturday morning. it killed me haha but it definately has potential IMO.

I would have done some yesterday but i did not have the energy. I would usually do cardio tonight to where i would have done it but i'm taking the day off the gym instead.

I'm gonna do it next on saturday morning.