PDA

View Full Version : Busy day = poor nutrition, please help

Van Stretch
03-18-2005, 02:32 AM
The hardest part for me is eating enough protien, working 9 - 10 hour days, it's hard to get even a 10 minute break form the office, meetings, clients etc, when I do it's usually to scoff down high carb/fat junk. I think this is really holding back my progress.
Is anyone else in this position?
What are some good tasting, portable, high protien, nutritious ideas I can carry to work in containers that need minimal preperation?
Tinned tuna is bland as.

ryuage
03-18-2005, 03:42 AM
ya im in the position of working 16 hour days and taking college classes but I fail to give myself an excuse to eat junk.

moral of the story......

stop making excuses.

Geeper
03-18-2005, 04:13 AM
ya im in the position of working 16 hour days and taking college classes but I fail to give myself an excuse to eat junk.

moral of the story......

stop making excuses.

:withstupi

There's lots of people out there that get up a 5 am cook and fill a cooler for the day and take it with them to work, school ect.

Time for the "what separetes us from them thread" and the "what a bodybuilder eats thread"

YungLifter
03-18-2005, 06:45 AM
get some cottage cheese has good protien, make a small snack fruit, oatmeal, make a chicken breast take 5mins, make turkey sandwich 5mins jus prepare before you go to work

Paul Stagg
03-18-2005, 08:03 AM
I've been packing a cooler for years. You get in the habit.

I've got a job now (for the last 6 months or so) where I'm out in the field at least 2 days a week - Customer Service Operations for foodservice, so when I *am* out, I'm either at a service provider, or in outlets (restaraunts, fast food, etc.) I'm always struggling with those days where I am on the road all day, but I still make intelligent choices when I eat in a restaraunt, and I generally have either a couple of servings of Nitrean or a sandwich or something in the car. Just have to carry some bottles of water for the protein.

You make due.

AKraut
03-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Natty pb on wheat bread, veggies, powders, and fruits can sit in a bag/backpack for days. If you have access to a fridge or mini-cooler pack lunchmeat, cocheese or leftovers.

monotone
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
A "ready to drink" protien supp.... if you have time to drink a soda, you have time to drink one of those. They range from 20-50 grams of protien, that would be the easiest solution.

CarlP
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
I make a couple protein shakes and several PB sandwiches in the morning when I know I won't have time to take a lunch break.

Eddan
03-18-2005, 04:31 PM
I sometimes bring a shaker with 2/3 cup oatmeal, and protein powder. At meal time it's just a matter of adding fluid, I prefer milk, but water is fine too.

Sometimes I have just a bunch of hardboilded eggs.

TBone4Eva
03-18-2005, 04:55 PM
A "ready to drink" protien supp.... if you have time to drink a soda, you have time to drink one of those. They range from 20-50 grams of protien, that would be the easiest solution.
Yep, that's what I do. I work on a help desk and I rarely have a lot of time to eat. I get them on the cheap too.

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=926

Only $1 per packet. Each packet has 42g protein, 25g carbs, and 5g of fat.