PDA

View Full Version : Help Chubs Decide What To Do

Chubrock
03-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Alright guys, I'm kinda between a rock and a hard place. I've still got a little bit of loose skin from where I lost all that weight, though it has tightened up fairly decently. My Doctor/Dad thinks that the last bit isn't going to tighten up anymore unless I put on a good bit of muscle. Looking at my recent pictures though, I'm pretty pissed at how I look. Got some serious love handles and now I'm confused on whether or not I should continue bulking or stop and cut. Please give me some kinda input on what ya'll think I should do.

muscle chic
03-18-2005, 06:56 AM
If you want to get "big" I would advice bulking "clean" though!! I would also add in some cardio if you're not doing any. Say maybe 20 min uphill treadmill after your workout. As long you're taking in enough protein, good fats and good carbs you will continue to gain muscle.

Geeper
03-18-2005, 07:05 AM
You're a young guy, that skin will tighten up in time, loose skin from fat loss is usually only a problem with older folks or people that weighted 300/400+ pounds. I'm 34 and weighed 280 pounds and my skin tighted up pretty good, any excess I have now is simply due to fat.
Coming up on summer and all, I'd opt for a cut till fall and then do a big clean bulk

BCC
03-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I agree it will most likely tighten up on its own. Concentrate on eating clean and training hard. If you continue to cut, take it very slow.

lilmase1153
03-18-2005, 11:53 AM
why dont you try maintence cals with a diff macro breakdown ie protein 1.5 per 1lbs moderate fats and the rest carbs.. you should be able to shed some fat on a diet like taht while maybe adding some lbm.. honestly it depends on what you want bro, as i said before tell us your ultimate goal whether it be strength size or both your gonna have to go whatever route suits your needs best... good luck squatmaster

KiwiBuilder
03-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Chub, I can't see the loose skin man. I don't think you need to worry. At this stage I would bulk as your BF looks respectably low to me.

latinomasfino
03-18-2005, 02:52 PM
dawg i recoomend u cut now like a slow cut i was about ur size b4 i cut and ull see a big difference especially if u start eating more healthy and frequently and more water then when u bulk up again ull be massive good luck

ryuage
03-18-2005, 02:59 PM
bulk

Jabberwocky
03-18-2005, 03:05 PM
I agree with the bulk. Bulk for a month or two, then cut.

Southern Beast
03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Go with a bulk. Eat clean, but a lot, and put on some mass. I think you're looking good right now, and would look awesome 25 lbs. heavier.

Rastaman
03-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Clean bulk. I don't think you should be too concerned with the bodyfat right now. Looks like you could afford to put on quite a bit of muscle before worrying about dropping any more weight. How long have you been lifting for?

Chubrock
03-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys for the comments and suggestions. I'm coming up now on one year of lifting. I guess overall my ideal physique would be one of pretty decent bf at a weight of about 190-200lbs. I lift mainly for strength, but would like to put on a good bit more size right now.