PDA

View Full Version : Sun Tanning

CanadianBad
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
I have naturally light skin. My mom is very pale (european) and my father however is classic farm boy who is constantly tan and dark.

I hit middle ground with a natural light color, but I can tan fairly well. I have been using the tanning beds recently, roughly 50 min per week. I have gotten noticably darker however I am wondering if there is anything oral that can be taken to aid this proccess. I want to maintain my tan without going to the beds every couple days. I can maintain a tan fairly well, however I am looking for some aid none-the-less.

Any advice from the bodybuilder tanners, or tanners in general???

Allie
03-20-2005, 12:41 PM
I have seen many sories and reports on oral supps for tanning as far as a conclusion I would just go one maybe twice a week for upkeep on your color.

Built
03-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm pale like you, probably paler.

I got skin cancer a few years back, so I now stay away from, like, 60-watt light bulbs.

What can I say - Dream Tan is my friend.

spencerjrus
03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
I have naturally light skin. My mom is very pale (european) and my father however is classic farm boy who is constantly tan and dark.

I hit middle ground with a natural light color, but I can tan fairly well. I have been using the tanning beds recently, roughly 50 min per week. I have gotten noticably darker however I am wondering if there is anything oral that can be taken to aid this proccess. I want to maintain my tan without going to the beds every couple days. I can maintain a tan fairly well, however I am looking for some aid none-the-less.

Any advice from the bodybuilder tanners, or tanners in general???

I don't know about supps, I consider myself a professional tanner though, I usually get 2-3 hours of good sun every day, I'm just too afraid to use tanning beds.

getfit
03-21-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't know about supps, I consider myself a professional tanner though, I usually get 2-3 hours of good sun every day, I'm just too afraid to use tanning beds.
you get 2-3 hrs a day of sun but then are afraid to use sunbeds!!!!
don't you think spending that time in the sun won't damage your skin in the long run?

spencerjrus
03-21-2005, 11:56 AM
you get 2-3 hrs a day of sun but then are afraid to use sunbeds!!!!
don't you think spending that time in the sun won't damage your skin in the long run?

Probably :) Hopefully they have a cure for skin cancer before I get too old.

getfit
03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Probably :) Hopefully they have a cure for skin cancer before I get too old.
hopefully! just be a little careful with sun exposure! :)

TBone4Eva
03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Damn, I'm feeling pretty good. I have a pretty good tan. No touch ups needed and it's there 24/7, lol.

Mbaboy
03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
What I do when I get a tan is there is a special lotion you can by that moisturizes your tan and makes your tan stay MUCH longer. You can get your average grocery store its not that special.

Punk In Drublic
04-01-2005, 08:06 AM
The sun is free. Why pay for tanning?

CanadianBad
04-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Living in saskachewan we have about 3 months of nice weather

Dedicated
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but are tanning beds worse than sunlight? I mean can you still get cancer from using tanning beds? I have REALLY fair skin and want to get a tan. I live in a sunny area, so going outside is np.

spencerjrus
04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but are tanning beds worse than sunlight? I mean can you still get cancer from using tanning beds? I have REALLY fair skin and want to get a tan. I live in a sunny area, so going outside is np.

I really dont know, usually I hear people talk about tanning beds like they are worse for you than the sun though.

Shark
04-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Depending on the bed they can be safer then regular sun but don't let that fool you, you can get skin cancer from a tanning bed just the same as from sun exposure. The key is moderation. Don't get in the bed for a half hour a day. Go for 15 minutes once a week or so. A tan is really a sunburn and any time you burn your skin you take the risk of cancer so think about that next time. Possibly consider spray tanning.

largelegsbuthot
04-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I really dont know, usually I hear people talk about tanning beds like they are worse for you than the sun though.
They're both bad, however, if you want to compare the two, tanning beds take the cake because the uv rays are more concentrated, they have almost direct contact from source to skin, therefore it's not filtered like the contact you get from the sun. But there are techncalities such as the amount of time your spending out in the sun compared to the amount of time your spending in a tanning bed. Most tanning beds boot you out in 10 minutes, so if your gonna opt for the natural method of the sun, limit yourself to 10 minutes a side, and wear a light sun screen, you can still tan with it on.

wannabeshreaded
04-02-2005, 04:53 PM
I've always heard that beta carotene makes the skin look darker/more orange (no not quite like a carrot). It's whats in orange veggies, but it can be taken in pills.