PDA

View Full Version : critique my plan please

vypergts
03-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm 6'0 and 155lbs and 24yo.

I am guilty of eating a lot of fast food, and basically junk food 24/7 mostly because it was easy and I could do it without gaining weight.

I've recently decided to stop eating that type of stuff and hit the gym, my goal is to get to 175lbs with minimal body fat.

My new diet that I've been on for about 2 weeks has basically gone as follows:

Breakfast
plan bagel with lite cream cheese
multivitamin

Lunch options
sushi
turkey sandwich
chicken sandwich (not fried)
baked potato, salad, and chicken nuggets

Snacks
lightly salted almonds
apples
oranges
multi grain bread w/ nat. pb
cereal
waffle with just a little butter
english muffin with just a little butter
granola bar
carrots w/ light dip

Dinner
light turkey sand. w/ multi grain bread
pasta
salmon

Post-workout
albacore tuna on multigrain bread w/ cheese
protien+ powerbar

Workout:
I'm currently working out only 2 days a week Mon. & Wed. I'm thinking about adding in Fri or Sat with cardio. Currently I'm only doing lifting mostly curls, seated rows, and a machine I'm not sure what its called but its similar to a bench press motion but in a seated recline position. I've also used a machine for your back (not sure of the name).

As you can tell I'm pretty new to all of this and just trying to get organized so don't be too harsh Also, I'm not a big fan of protien/weight gain shakes so I'm trying to avoid those if possible, but I've been drinking only water and a lot more than normal.

Any help is appreciated!

Built
03-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Hi there

Okay, not enough protein is my first offering. Go to www.fitday.com and enter your food choices. If you're not taking in about 1.5g protein per pound bodyweight, your protein is too low IMHO. You do NOT need protein powder to do this. But you DO have to eat.

I'm also not seeing enough good fats - you need fat to stay healthy and to grow.

Natty PB, olive oil, avocados, fish oil, and saturated animal fat all have their places in a healthy bulking OR cutting diet.

Finally, I'm not seeing any heavy squats or deads. If you don't work your legs hard, you'll limit your upper body growth.

AdmiralDan
03-20-2005, 01:42 PM
i agree with built that your routine sucks. i would say start wbb1. as far as diet, i also agree that you need more protein and good fats. read the sticky: "what a bodybuilder eats" in the diet and nutrition forum. you should try to get at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, and at least 20-30% of your cals from fat

vypergts
03-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Built: I started a log at fitday.com today. I'll try to get my protien up to that level. In terms of fats I am eating nat. pb as you suggested, and also have almonds as one of my main snacks for fats.

AdmiralDan: I found the WBB #1, I'll start doing a similiar routine.

Geeper
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Start with the sticky "What A body builder eats"

Breakfast- you need lots of protein in here after your body has gone without food for 8 hours and most bagels are FAR from healthy. Try oats, eggs, milk, but I'd dump that bagel.

Lunch- Changed the baked potatoe to a baked sweet potatoe and drop the chicken nuggets (read the package, they are scary)

I'd drop the protein BAR, the powders are usually very good, while the bars usuallt have a lot of sugar in them.

Just some suggestions, but print off the What A bodybuilder eats list!

vypergts
03-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks Geeper. I'll do that.

PS it sucks being the smallest guy in the gym. I'm sure whoever the previous smallest guy is happy about it though :)